• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When someone loves a scape - and we kind of mimic that

Superb Victor!! my kind of tank.

What is your lighting regime for establishing a new tank? and how does that change with time?

Congrats

Wow so much comment. Thank you for all. Will share it with the owner :)

very nice Viktor! kudos to him..but I hope he's going to trim the carpet soon..don't want it to lift up you know..:p

I was on delay with the photography would have been better a week ealrier, but so many stuff to do.

Glosso is a strange plant. If you keep that super low will never be good enough as there will be only a portion of leaf there. If you let it grow wild then shapes will look better, but the carpet will be too thick. I usually mix glosso with another plant so it does look then ok after the trimming too.

Do you do international work ? You could come to Congo to make a nice scape like that for me hahaha.

LOL :) Not too far just a few thousand km. I drive there.... anytime pff - need a new record last time was 1550 to Aarhus DK :D
just kidding my friend :)

What is your lighting regime for establishing a new tank? and how does that change with time?

I usually not worried that much with the lighting. Shoot the tank with the same as i will use later. With enough plant mass the plants grow rapidly and usually have less issue with algae with frequent water changes.

I know it may sound strange, but most of our tanks and our clients ones looks the best with the most powerful lighting. Usually ATI T5 ones. Plants looks beautiful under them. So i am still on the dark side with the high energy setups :)

We're using 7 hrs lighting in avg on all of these tanks with high light.

But with more light it gets more important to keep the daily fertilization and frequent water changes. I've seen some exaples when the full balance is so sensitive that it matters if you add in the fertilizers at morning or afternoon. You almost see the issues on the plants at the same day if you add in lately the liquid ferts.

Awsome! That very impressive, I've just lost a fair few minutes of my life staring at the pic. It must be so relaxing looking into the scape for real. Thankyou for sharing this with us.:)

Congrats to you and your client for a stunning tank.

Not my particular taste of scape but kudos for the superb execution!

Is it getting entered into IAPLC 2013? It wouldn't be the first time similar scapes enter in consecutive years and do very well. ;)

Thanks for sharing, Viktor. :)

Back