• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When to plant?

GeorgeW

Seedling
so a quick briefing of the tank.
tank: ADA 60p
Lighting: Arcadia stretch classica
Substrate/gravel: powersand, Amazonian aqua soil, and la plata gravel (big and small)
Hard scape: Shan shui rock.

So far the tank has had rocks glued in place, substrate added and water filled, with the filter running. And this brings us to my question.

When can I plant the tank? I understand the ammonia spike but does that apply to plants that much? The filter is from my old tank and obviously is fully cycled and built up in itself, so would this mean that it will hurry up the issue?

I filled the tank on Tuesday this week, so has only been going for four days, the green machine advised 3 weeks for a new tank.

George

That's what was confusing me! So why is it they advise not to? In my eyes it's just wasting valuable growing in time!

Brilliant, I made my list at work today, so I will get it ordered! Is there any particular place I should order from? The green machine is good but I found that a few particular plants would be out of stock pretty much every time - like Cuba?

Back