• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Where do you guys work?

ScottYalloP

well im bored and just wondering were people work?

im 16 nd i only have a saturday job i work at playzone its not great pay but it does.

335398.jpg

medium_1308.jpg

6000_123809301611_512156611_2823555_6269742_n.jpg

n518125532_1514491_7979.jpg

:thumbup:
so where do you guys work?

Mark Evans

Expert
some know that i put lead on roofs. this is some of my work....all done with sheet lead, cut, and either bent "bossed" into shape or cut and weld it....

southwell minster tower

049-01.jpg

detail @ department plant science Cambridge....

_MG_8125-01.jpg

domestic property near me (private job)

_MG_9144-01.jpg

Oxford university. (university of Oxford)

_MG_9511-01.jpg

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Mostly in Norfolk (RAF Marham), but sometimes in more 'exciting' places like Afghanistan and aquascaping in photo studios etc.

f_meshootingm_7de46d0.jpg

george_mts_studio.jpg

Superman

I work for Lloyds Banking Group but before the "takeover" of HBOS was at Cheltenham & Gloucester part of the Lloyds TSB Group.

I currently manage the risk on the mortgage portfolio of the Lloyds Banking Group (1 in 4 mortgages in the UK), which has mortgage brands of Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Cheltenham & Gloucester, Intelligent Finance and Birmingham Midshires.

I really enjoy it as it has a good mix of computer programming in SAS, mathematics (from my degree) and thinking involved.

Luckily, my department hasn't been involved in any job cuts as we perform a vital role for the bank, namely setting the risk appetite and Basel/provision models.

rawr

Another student... ;) But I work at a hotel too doing mainly waitering and stuff.

Georges job looks way too exciting!

Mark Evans

Expert
samc said:
by the way mark you leadwork looks neat. wanna do my assesments for me :p

thanks sam, i've been taught by the best....really.

an old school lead worker passed on his years of knowledge to me. it;'s all about lines mate, straight lines. that's what architects look for ;)

AdAndrews said:
I'm a student too, starting sixth form in about a week. No real job, still looking, but to pass the time i work for my mom n dad a few days a week, this is their business: http://www.dysonpartsdirect.co.uk :wave:

any discounts for ukaps members?? ;0)
been meaning to get a new hose for my dyson for a while now!

i'm a CNC machinist. i manufacture landing gear components for various large boeing and airbus aircraft.

Gang@ukaps

Service support engineer within the rail industry - activities inc. in-situ (underneath the rail vehicle) resurfacing commutator surface (comm. grinding) on D.C Traction motors for numerous TOC's and Roscoe's without the U.K

Regards
Paul.

I'm town centre manager for Windermere, Bowness, Ambleside and Grasmere. Lots of water, lots of moss, lots of rocks...

Oh, and agreed, Saintly's work looks beautiful - great to see genuine craftsmanship alive and well.

bugs

paul.in.kendal said:
I'm town centre manager for Windermere, Bowness, Ambleside and Grasmere. Lots of water, lots of moss, lots of rocks...

Poor you - imagine having to work in that part of the world... I used to drive to Carlisle quite a bit for work and found it hard to resist turning off to the Lakes en-route.

I'm an IT Analyst - deep joy o_O

mattyc

I was a car mechanic for 7 years working for Ford then BMW both as a diagnostic technition. I then decided to go to uni and study Motorsport Engineering. i have compleated 2 years of a HND (and qualified) at Swansea Met and i am starting at UCLAN in two weeks to do a Degree in the same subject.

i am impressed by the lead work there is some skill there is a shame that more people cant produce work like that!! :lol: