• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy: cardboard shipping boxes?

xZaiox

Hi guys,

I've had to close down my larger tank unfortunately, and I've already had a lot of interest for the stuff on ebay, but most of the people want it shipped. I don't really have much experience with shipping - where do you get the cardboard boxes? Everywhere I've checked online only sells them in bulk or otherwise is ridiculous in price. I asked the local Tesco if they have any spare but they weren't really suitable. I checked the local post office and they have some smallish parcels available but I also need larger boxes for the filters, lighting unit etc. Is there not somewhere I can just go in-person to pick up individually sized boxes?

I have so many bits from the tank that are various sizes, so ideally I need a bunch of different sized packages.

Have you tried asking friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues etc. More often than not folks throw out lots of boxes on a weekly basis.
Another option would be to ask on social media, or maybe a friend could ask on your behalf.

Lastly try your local newsagent, off licence, pub, print office, take away, petrol station etc. All these places regularly throw out boxes and would be glad to off load rather than filling their recycling bins.

Failing that Amazon or eBay would be the obvious choice.

If I lived closer you could come round and raid our recycling bin, its full of empty boxes, the Mrs seems obsessed with filling it on a weekly basis. 😁

You could try Amazon!
I've checked there as well, unfortunately it seems I'm only really able to find them in bulk. They seem expensive too 😬
Have you tried asking friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues etc. More often than not folks throw out lots of boxes on a weekly basis.
Another option would be to ask on social media, or maybe a friend could ask on your behalf.
Lastly try your local newsagent, off licence, pub, print office, take away, petrol station etc. All these places regularly throw out boxes and would be glad to off load rather than filling their recycling bins.
All fantastic suggestions @John q thank you! I will be trying some of these. I have an off-license near my house so I'll ask them. I'll also try the petrol garage when I'm next there.
If I lived closer you could come round and raid our recycling bin, its full of empty boxes, the Mrs seems obsessed with filling it on a weekly basis. 😁
Haha, I'm usually the same, but I've not really had to buy much lately so my influx of boxes is low now. I'll probably start Christmas shopping before too long though... so that may be an opportunity for me to get some boxes.

Back