• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to place diffuser?

zoon

Hi guys, I'm new here, so excuse me jumping straight into a question without introducing myself!

I have a Juwel vision 450 that I have planted with cuttings etc to save some pennies, but hoping it'll grow into a bit of a jungle eventually! Dosing EI ferts and everything is looking healthy, just growing slowly!

So I have invested in a cheap pressurised CO2 kit from ebay (managed to find a nice bargain). What I am wondering is where to site the diffuser? I am running 2 tetratec ex1200 on the tank - an intake in both back corners and spray bars running from both rear corners in to the centre (only about 6 inches of rear of tank in centre does not have spray bar)

I know to place it at the bottom and was planning to put it next to one of the intakes. my question is; will this mean half the tank has less CO2? is there somewhere I can site it that will be better?

Hi,
You'll just have to play around with different positions until you find the solution for your particular tank. Sometimes is best in the middle and other times at either end. At this tank size, you may wish to consider one or two inline reactors. If the diffuser/reactor is biased to one side then that side will get better CO2. It's not that the other side will get zero, just less.

Cheers,

Back