• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

where to place hydor koralia/koralias

Andy Dunning

Hi ive posted in the past about where to place hydor koralias I have two 1600 but may only need to use one, not sure thats why im asking because ive had several answers to this by people telling me to put them at back of tank facing forward. Some people say at sides of tank. so getting confused really where best. I have a fluval roma 240 going to use pressurised c02 with plants mainly along the back and along the middle of tank. Please help!!!!

Some idea what filter you're currently using, what type of outflow it's using (spraybar?) and where that is, may help.
I presume the Hydor is to be used as a supplement...

I have a fluval 305 external filter as standard with tank. Inlet and outlet come through base of tank at far right hand corner. I want to add pumps to add that extra flow so can get ferts and c02 well distributed. I will be diffusing c02 using fe and easy aqua super atomiser. Hope this info helps

people telling me to put them at back of tank facing forward. Some people say at sides of tank. so getting confused really where best.!
. Put them inside the tank.:). :). I've not got one of these but have given them thought. I use an additional internal filter and copy the circulation pattern of the out let from external so they work together. So if your outlet is back right corner to front .I'd put the hydor back left corner to back right corner. Works for me but your tanks twice the volume.

I have a Roma 240 and koralia 1600 and this is how I have mine set up
pbV2oTL.png

So this is looking from birds eye view of your tank, u got it at top left at the front.

Back