• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to start to create this style of scape?

I had the same problem with the picture @alto, I tried a few times on two versions of the same photo but no luck, wouldn't even let me embed it! Perhaps a bug on mobile.

I think that the tank move, including quite a lot of chasing, caused a lot of stress indeed, followed by a minor ammonia bump + less oxygen may have been too much for them. I'll grab some stress guard tomorrow to see if it helps them out.

I'll see if AG has any Marsilea Crenata in tomorrow, though I'm not holding out too much hope. I've got enough for a small area but another pot or two will help. Need moss too, lots of moss! I think I'll be using Christmas moss, I like it's density when trimmed down.

lots of moss
You could use this tied to similar style stones as a path border

The scape looks nice. Few comments:
  • it feels like each side needs and intermediate piece of wood between the very think front pieces and the next back.
  • can you get a more pronounced curve in the path?
  • it looks like it will be practically difficult to plant and maintain the tangle of small bits at the back. Worth having a think about.

Good luck!

Valid points @Kezzab, my last thoughts before stopping yesterday evening was about the curve in the path and this morning I changed it to increase a curve down the bottom.

The difficulty in planting wont be as hard as it looks, it looks more compressed in the photo but all areas have got good lines to get tweezers and scissors in. I do agree though that a medium thickness bit of wood would help, but I think I'll have to add that later as I'll need to hunt for the right bit of wood.

I've ordered a few more pots of Marsilea Crenata and Christmas moss which should arrive early next week from AG.

Back