• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Diffuser?

TarkMalbot

I currently have a 3 in 1 plastic bubble counter, check valve and diffuser but looking at setting it up with seperates.

colombo-floragrow-diffuser.jpg

I have 165 litre tank and was wondering what size diffuser I will need as some seem to come in different diameters? I will be running a pressurized set up but not sure how many bubbles per second and stuff yet until I get everything established.

I have looked at Nano & Rhinox glass diffusers but then also glanced at Reactors.

$(KGrHqJ,!qQFC,wmDwklBQtcOFUZg!~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16N,!)QE9s3HD)e-BQtdcw40k!~~60_3.JPG

You can tell I am a newbie but happy to listen and learn.
Thanks.

I take it the Rhinox is a copy of the ADA? With it having 2 suckers at 90 degrees I guess it designed to go in the corner. For a 165 Litre tank what Diameter disc would I need?

Personally I'd go with the fluval but with rhinos don't go too big, the bubble size seems to degrade a lot quicker on the big ones. The 1000 would probably be just fine. Buy 2 so you can clean alternately.

2 definitely makes light work of maintenance. :thumbup:

I'll second the Fluval.Really small fine bubbles and you can change the ceramic disc if it gets too clogged or dirty.:)

Cheers
Martin

The Fluval isn't the prettiest iof things but as it will be hidden in the tank and seems pretty functional I will give it a try.
Thanks guys

Go with a reactor running from your external filter if you can. I've used ceramic diffusers and reactors. Reactors all the way. No bubbles floating around in the tank and pretty much all co2 is dissolved in water before it enters the tank. As opposed to small bubbles of co2 popping at the surface being wasted.

Go with a reactor running from your external filter if you can. I've used ceramic diffusers and reactors. Reactors all the way. No bubbles floating around in the tank and pretty much all co2 is dissolved in water before it enters the tank. As opposed to small bubbles of co2 popping at the surface being wasted.

Im going back to the diffuser in tank. I must be weird but i like the bubbles in one corner :crazy:

I must admit I like the dea of this:

$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oV+uBQoEZGmnjg~~60_12.JPG

No hose to run into the tank and maybe better efficiency?

I must admit I like the dea of this:

$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oV+uBQoEZGmnjg~~60_12.JPG

No hose to run into the tank and maybe better efficiency?

Yes, thats an option, but If your wanting to go down that route, I'm sure an 'UP inline atomiser' would have less negative effect on the flow rate.

I just think that corkscrew is going to eat up a lot of your flow. Wheras the UPs version is like a continuation of the pipe, and fizzes in from around the outside of the tube, thus having a little effect on reduction in flow.

Sound like I'm going flowing mad.

Even better, just put a t-piece that connects the CO2 directly to the pipe with no diffusion and run this straight into the filter. Never clogs, never slows down injection rate.

I will be using a Eheim 2217 (600) on a 165 litre tank so flow rate shouldn't be too much of an issue. But I like your idea. Put the T piece on the intake TO the filter and the Co2 gets diffused through the filter media. It wont be enough Co2 for the Biological filter to be affected will it?

Any idea where to get a T piece with the correct fittings on for 16/22mm hose and 6/8mm hose (assuming I have those sizes correct)?

I will be using a Eheim 2217 (600) on a 165 litre tank so flow rate shouldn't be too much of an issue. But I like your idea. Put the T piece on the intake TO the filter and the Co2 gets diffused through the filter media. It wont be enough Co2 for the Biological filter to be affected will it?

Any idea where to get a T piece with the correct fittings on for 16/22mm hose and 6/8mm hose (assuming I have those sizes correct)?

Smaller size i believe will be (co2 hose size) is 4/6mm which means the connection may be 5 or 6mm.

Nice idea mike.

Just make sure you have a couple of no-return valves on the co2 hose :lol:

Back