• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Koralia?

andeekaii

I have a 180 litres tank which is going to be high-tec planted.
I have a Tetratec ex700 providing 700l/h flow.
Im buying a koralia for extra flow and im just wondering which is the best deal:

Koralia 2 (2300l/h) - £32 delivered
Koralia 3 (3200l/h) £36.25 delivered
Koralia Evo 2800 (2800l/h) £38 delivered

Would a koralia 2 be enough flow, or if i need extra flow is the evo better enough to justify an extra £2, but 400l/h less flow? The koralia 2 would give me a total of 3000l/h = 16.6x turnover.

I'd prefer to get the koralia 2 but im open to advice and suggestions.

Andy

Im in the same boat, but would go for a little bigger as I am intending to upgrade to a 400l tank in the near future so do what you prefer.

I think the K2 is fine and price wise theres not much in it. Down to personal preference and requirements thereon after.

On my Rio 125 I have an JLB e1500 filter which is rated at 1500lph, also have a Koralia Nano 900lph and also a Koralia 1 which is rated at 1500lph, and to be honest I still don't think I have a lot of flow in the tank.

I would say had another filter 1200lph+ and maybe a couple of koralia 1 or 2 to help. Two will give you more room to control the flow, with one you are limited and you still might get dead spots, do you still have the internal filter?

Back