• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which koralia ?

plantnoob

my external filter ( eheim 2213 ) isnt going to give enough turnover/flow . im looking at hydor koralias . they do a 900lph version , and the next size up on AE is 1600lph . in a 125L im thinking the 1600 would be a bit much and the 900 would be the best choice . yay or nae ?

I used to run a 1500lph filter and two Koralias at 1600lph without any issues on my Rio 125, the 900lph is actually very under par.

actually it just so hapens to be for a rio 125 . can i ask what configuration you found to give good flow using filter/powerhead combo .? i dont want any dead spots , but dont want to blast the fish all over the place either :)

100% agree with Paulo on this one. I just bought a Koralia 900 for my 180 litre tank.
Its a great piece of kit and very small, but fairly weedy flow out of it as it disperses the water quite a bit and doesnt push it in one direction.
I would buy the 1600 if I could go back and start again.

those new wave pumps do seem to get good reviews . . thanks for the link londondragon , just off for a good snout now ;)

very useful indeed that journal londondragon . not least because i was wondering if 6 pots of HC would be enough , and your shots clearly show exactly how big an area 6 pots will plant .

I use the K1600 in my Lido 120 and thought it would have been a bit to much direct flow.
Much to my delight, fish love it.

Back