• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Which of these regulators is better to fit FE

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
This one from aquatic magic, it includes double gauge, solenoid, needle valve & bubble counter, Is the big brass thing that sticks up on right hand side above needle valve the BC? If not what is it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Regulator-Ele ... dZViewItem


Then there is this one from aquakh8 which includes double gauge, sloenoid, needle valve, check valve, BC it is £5 extra but i don't mind paying if it is better quality or the one i need.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dual-Gauged-CO2-R ... dZViewItem

It is to fit a FE
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
9,088
Location
Chicago, USA
Hi,
Yes, either will do. I have the first one from aquaticmagick. The bubble counter is that glass vial with the brass fittings as you noted. I don't recall the nut size but I'm sure they fit the FE fitting if they are standard industry size.

Cheers,
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
ceg4048 said:
Hi,
Yes, either will do. I have the first one from aquaticmagick. The bubble counter is that glass vial with the brass fittings as you noted. I don't recall the nut size but I'm sure they fit the FE fitting if they are standard industry size.

Cheers,

What do you think of that regulator Clive? I'm very tempted myself to get one with the splitter and separate needle valves and bubble counters to run two planted tanks off.
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
9,088
Location
Chicago, USA
Hi Ed,
Well you know jimboo and Dan had some issues with theirs.Jim got a replacement and Dan's humming issue with solenoid went away. Mine has been rock solid to date. The only oddity is that when the cylinder pressure gets low the high pressure gauge indication drops to zero instead of steadily falling though the range. Other than that it's been solid. The bubble counter leaks like a sieve though so you have to really tighten the two brass end caps that hold the water. I removed the bubble counter entirely and that problem went away.

Cheers,
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
ceg4048 said:
Hi Ed,
Well you know jimboo and Dan had some issues with theirs.Jim got a replacement and Dan's humming issue with solenoid went away. Mine has been rock solid to date. The only oddity is that when the cylinder pressure gets low the high pressure gauge indication drops to zero instead of steadily falling though the range. Other than that it's been solid. The bubble counter leaks like a sieve though so you have to really tighten the two brass end caps that hold the water. I removed the bubble counter entirely and that problem went away.

Cheers,

Cheers Clive,
I can feel the need to go on Ebay getting stronger... :lol:
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
ceg4048 said:
Go for it dude!! :lol: :lol:

Well I ordered it after all. They gave me a bit of a discount as I was ordering the regulator and splitter so I'll be able to use 1 reg for two tanks. Today I won an 8kg Fire Extinguisher :wideyed: to fit the reg to. Should be a while between fillings for that, even on two tanks!!!

I'll put a write up in the hardware section when it all arrives.
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
aaronnorth said:
8Kg, Thats massive :wideyed: whats size is that then and where you keeping it?

Haven't got it yet so not completely sure! :? It'll be standing by the side of the tank stands as there's room there. Just heard today thought that my regulator will be a while as Aquatic Magic have run out of solenoids! :(
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
I've asked them how long it'll be so as soon as I here from them I'll post it here. I'm sure it won't be long, hopefully...
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
The solenoid is back in stock now and they're sending my kit this week so hopefully it'll arrive sometime next week. They've been very good at keeping me informed which is always reassuring when ordering from so far away!!! The FE arrived and it's only about 2ft tall so not too bad at all. I was expecting it to be bigger!!! At 6kg of CO2 I shouldn't need to refill it for a while... Even running two tanks!
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
Ed Seeley said:
The solenoid is back in stock now and they're sending my kit this week so hopefully it'll arrive sometime next week. They've been very good at keeping me informed which is always reassuring when ordering from so far away!!! The FE arrived and it's only about 2ft tall so not too bad at all. I was expecting it to be bigger!!! At 6kg of CO2 I shouldn't need to refill it for a while... Even running two tanks!

Thanks, just had another quick look, 2 foot isnt bad, i would be able to fit one in my cupbaord, it will last a couple of yr then.
 

Similar threads

Top