• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which one ? Help please :)

hi lil-lynx, the links above are both for the same lens. This lens wont do true macro either. For macro on a canon youd need something like the canon EFS 60mm macro, Tamron F2.8 90mm macro or canon 100mm F2.8 macro (theres probably more but cant think of them for now.

The lenses above will also cost quite a bit more than the 50mm you linked to but that is a very good lens.

I can highly recommend the EFS 60mm, it's great. The 100mm is also great but a bit more expensive.

im sure they are different one says ef one doesn't ? one needs bigger filter ? are they any good for a nice little lens to keep on the camera ?

lil-lynx said:
im sure they are different one says ef one doesn't ? one needs bigger filter ? are they any good for a nice little lens to keep on the camera ?
Nope, definately the same lens with a 52mm filter

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EOS 50mm/F1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11)

The 50mm lens (nifty 50) is an excellent first lens to buy as its a prime lens (doesnt zoom), its very very sharp for the money and can be used in low light.

ermmmmm whats it like a macro someone said no but im not going to be taking photos really close maybe 10 - 15cm away ?

I have this lens and it's one of my favourite. You can buy close up filters from eBay and the like that allow you to take close up photos, it's basically a glass element that screws onto the front. While not true macro it does allow much shorter focusing distances and can get really good shots.

Back