• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which plant is that?

UseHerName

Does anyone know which plant is that? I bought it in a pet shop in a gardening centre but they couldn’t tell me what it is. Lovely purple leaves that retain their color, quite sturdy and slow growing. Can’t find it anywhere else to purchase and the fact that I don’t know what’s it called doesn’t help ;)
Many thanks,
Hadar

Attachments

• 9C7CA061-D145-4CD1-82F4-B7142E64E409.jpeg
    9C7CA061-D145-4CD1-82F4-B7142E64E409.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 200
  • D4BF1AE4-25BA-454A-94AA-1F8653708822.jpeg
    D4BF1AE4-25BA-454A-94AA-1F8653708822.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
Which garden centre was it? I know the one in Hassocks has a tendency to keep non aquatic plants in the fish tanks, I guess because they are much cheaper and they look interesting. Always Google before you buy!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I know the one in Hassocks has a tendency to keep non aquatic plants in the fish tanks
It really p*sses me off, there are always sellers of it as an aquatic plant. It is fine as a terrarium plant, or even as a house plant with a bit of care.
That does look similar! Thank you very much!
An alternative, in terms of leaf colour, would be one of the Cryptocoryne spp. with purple back to the leaves. I like <"C. beckettii" Petchii">, <"https://tropica.com/en/plants/plantdetails/Cryptocoryne-beckettii-'Petchii'-(108A)/4560">, which is easy to obtain and pretty bomb proof, but there are other options.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

It really p*sses me off, there are always sellers of it as an aquatic plant. It is fine as a terrarium plant, or even as a house plant with a bit of care.

An alternative, in terms of leaf colour, would be one of the Cryptocoryne spp. with purple back to the leaves. I like <"C. beckettii" Petchii">, <"https://tropica.com/en/plants/plantdetails/Cryptocoryne-beckettii-'Petchii'-(108A)/4560">, which is easy to obtain and pretty bomb proof, but there are other options.

cheers Darrel
I’ve tried those, they didn’t survive for me, and I have to say, the last batch that I bought, was from Proshrimp, have shed their color on the table (as in - red purplish color came off them to the table), while I was preparing them for planting in the aquarium. It was really disappointing. I never manage to keep them alive.

Which garden centre was it? I know the one in Hassocks has a tendency to keep non aquatic plants in the fish tanks, I guess because they are much cheaper and they look interesting. Always Google before you buy!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
A garden centre in Stanmore. They don’t have it anymore and I think it might be because of that.

Back