• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Substrate/Gravel Cleaner is best

stujo

Could anybody advise me of a good substrate/gravel cleaner (i.e. syphon type). I liked the look of the JBL Aquaex which you can see on the JBL website by clicking on the link below and then selecting video clips - cant seem to paste a link to the actual video clip for some reason!

http://jbl.de/?lang=en

but a user review on Zooplus, says it sucks (or rather it doesn't), and that it gradually fell apart. I combine my substrate clean with water change i.e. syphoning out the water/crud into buckets - may at some stage look at automatic emptying via a pump (some interesting articles on here). However, a good substrate cleaner is first priority, Eheim do a battery powered one, but not sure if its any good

thanks - Stuart

i just bought a hagen gravel cleaner this weekend works ok but i got sand in my tank not gravel however it fills a bucket up pretty quick when in use so only really any good when doing a water change

i understand the battery ones do not drain water out of the tank whilst using them

Back