• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White Mould?

Brian Murphy

Can't get a pic up right now but I have a white mould all over my redmoor and only have the tank flooded from Thursday of last week. It did however have this mould before when I was pre-soaking the wood outside for around 2 weeks. It scrubbed off pretty easy with a toothbrush but I have mosses growing on the redmoor from a DSM and they are too delicate at present to start scrubbing at it all. I have done parts that I could get at it with no mosses. Does anyone know if it will go away by itself or if shrimp and ottos will take care of it when they go in after another week or 2?
The tank is getting high doses of Co2 and I am dosing EI.

Hi mate.
It's normal, something to do with resins/sap being released from the wood but it goes away eventually. Remove what you can manually, but ive read shrimp and ottos take care of it also :)
Nothing to worry about, just looks a bit unsightly.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi mate.
It's normal, something to do with resins/sap being released from the wood but it goes away eventually. Remove what you can manually, but ive read shrimp and ottos take care of it also :)
Nothing to worry about, just looks a bit unsightly.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers mate, I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious. Might be ready to transfer over some Amano Shrimp soon anyway. Just need to get some ottos then.

Back