• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

white slime on redmoor new photo , this is extreme !

I would let it die off before hand just so you don't end up with a mess and make more work for yourself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

what you say does make perfect sense . after all if ive waited this long , another week isnt exactly going to kill me

quick update . slime in negligible today so i have put the wood back in the tank to see what happens . if all is still well tomorrow i will go ahead and place the order for plants .

I've attached a picture of the wood in one of my tanks from about a year and a half ago. Plecos would polish this in a day or two and grow big fat bellies while doing it :) But even without fish like that it will run it's course, maybe two months time from my observations or even less. So I would not worry too much, unless you've got a reason to believe the wood isn't completely dead.
p2050926.jpg

wood has been back in the tank almost a day now , little to no white stuff . touch wood ( excuse the pun :) ) but it looks like im over the worst of it .

Mines just starting to get 'snotty' been in about a week so still floating just scrubbing it off with a toothbrush and popping back in tank and seems to be doing the trick

Back