• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who do you think is the likely Culprit

Bertie

Hi,
When I looked in my tank this morning I noticed that two of my plants were floating around and assume that they must of been "dug up" as they still had long roots on them.

Apart from my Rainbows I have a Siamese Flying Fox a group of Bronze Cories and one half grown Albino Bristlenose Plec.

I have noticed that the Cories have appeared a bit "frisky" over the last few days so my money is on them.

Nothing has been dug up since I have had plants until now and my substrate is eco complete.

How big is the bristle nose? they are great at rooting around for scraps while you are in the land of nod:lol:

Edit: just seen you said half grown. still, I've known them disturb plants even at around 3".

Harry

Thanks Harry, It is not a problem as I get enough cuttings to replace when I do the pruning ;) although he does get well fed!

I only ever saw my corries uproot hc they were not big enough to damage anything else. My bristle nose used to destroy cabomba and eat moss but i never saw them damage anything else, although i wouldn't put it past them

Well only Ludwigia Rubins has been uprooted thus far ;)

It's all part of the fun:playful:. I have recently taken cuttings from Staurogyne Repens to make a carpet there is frequently one come adrift and stuck in the Koralia. Out with the towel, sleeves up and pop it back in! Once the roots are bigger they'll stay in place I hope.

But I have 6 red/black male tuxedo guppies which I love and they will go down to the bottom rummaging, shortly after I've fed them. They can disturb any small plants no probs.

Harry

It's all part of the fun:playful:. I have recently taken cuttings from Staurogyne Repens to make a carpet there is frequently one come adrift and stuck in the Koralia. Out with the towel, sleeves up and pop it back in! Once the roots are bigger they'll stay in place I hope.

But I have 6 red/black male tuxedo guppies which I love and they will go down to the bottom rummaging, shortly after I've fed them. They can disturb any small plants no probs.

Harry
yes my rainbows like to have a tug at some of the plant leaves and take a chunk out of the leaves. Trouble is that they rarely eat them just spit them out and then I am there chasing the odd bit of leaf like an idiot...........I am sure they do it just to wind me up :D

I love bristle noses.........in other people's tanks. :) I won't have anything in my tank big enough to ruin my plants but I do miss our old plecs.:(

I love bristle noses.........in other people's tanks. [/quote

They are great fish as you say Kirk, good workers and so interesting but I never put anything bigger than an Otocinclus in mine as they can be disruptive to plants.

Back