• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why isn't this working?

How do I check that?

The regulator is only on hand tight to the fe as my adjustable was too small. Couldn't detect a leak though.

I have a check valve before the bubble counter too. Is that necessary?

Your bubble counter should unscrew on both ends allowing you to check the check valve assembly in the base.

Id say that if your reg is only on hand tightened that could be a problem. I've always read that these need to be really cranked down tight.

Well I've just tested the reg to a bit of tubing just into a glass of water and it was doing exactly the same.

So should I assume it needs tightened?

Well I've just tested the reg to a bit of tubing just into a glass of water and it was doing exactly the same.

So should I assume it needs tightened?

Looks like it.
BTW you shouldn't need PTFE tape since the seal is against the washer.

See here:

YouTube

Hi guys.

I've tightened the reg onto the bottle using a wrench. Even tightened the bit that comes off to allow disposable bottles to be attached with the supplied alum key.

The working pressure still fluctuates. It's starting at about 2 bar, then dropping to 1.5 bar then going back up. The bubbles seem to be a bit more steady now though. But still. They slow down eventually.

What's happening? I thought this would be dead easy!!

It's gradually dropping pal
Its normal for it to fluctuate when it turns on or when you adjust it, it takes some time for the pressure to establish in the tubes does it still jump up and down after half an hour?

You need to turn it on, wait half an hour (or at least 15-20 min) and then adjust it again 1mm at a time and wait half an hour between turns otherwise the pressure is all over the place and you will never sort it out. The pressure needs to stabilize in the tubes before you adjust again, once you have it at the right pressure leave it, mine took about 2 days to get it to the right place when I first turned it on.

Ar ok. Ill try all that.

Thanks a lot. I just assumed you turn it on, set it and away you go lol

That's correct yea. It's only when the solenoid is open it moves a bit.

When adjusting, do the bubbles eventually slow down when the system is building pressure?

It starts off faster then slows. I'm guessing that's why I need to leave it to settle.

When adjusting, do the bubbles eventually slow down when the system is building pressure? It starts off faster then slows. I'm guessing that's why I need to leave it to settle.
Let it settle, it will slow down a little, then increase a little more, only a touch at a time until you get the level you are looking for, check the drop checker also and not just the bubble rate, bear in mind that the drop checker is about 3 hours behind with the readings, so only adjust a little at a time and might take you 3-4 days to get there but that way you won't wipe out your livestock.

Cheers.

It hasn't even come out of the atomiser yet. Taking its time to build up back pressure for that.

Cheers.
It hasn't even come out of the atomiser yet. Taking its time to build up back pressure for that.
Make sure you using the needle valve to adjust the CO2 also and not just the knob on the regulator, get the pressure about 2-2.5 and then use the needle valve to adjust the CO2 and leave the knob on regulator alone.

Back