• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will Kulhi Loch Affect Planted Tank

sai_786

Hi Guys I Am Having Kulhi Loach At My Planted Tank Is It Plant Friendly Or Should I Remove It Because Some Times When The Roam At Tank They Are Digging The Substrate And Disturbing My Carpet What Is Your Opinion

I have about 7 Kuhli Loaches in a 90cm 145l tank, I'm not running any carpeting plants but I haven't had any issues, your mileage may vary.

Ya if You had any carpet plants they are stirring the roots And uprooting the New plants its ending up in decay Of plants

I have Kulhis and some carpeting plants and not experiencing any problems. Perhaps because they also have space where there are no carpeting plants.

Ya I am experiencing that they are just stirring the root Of the plants And Monti Carlo is getting disturbing by them

Hi all,
they are stirring the roots And uprooting the New plants its ending up in decay Of plants
If you give them some cover (structural leaf litter, small caves, bogwood) they will hide in / under them during the day, rather than digging into the substrate. Having said that I'm pretty convinced that they aren't your primary problem, the plants are up-rooted because they are already unhealthy.
I have kept them in my planted tank with no issues apart from only ever seeing them once in a blue moon!
I'd look on that as a good sign that they are happy, they aren't a fish I want to see during the daylight, I want them to be crepuscular and appear in the evenings <"The missing kuhli loaches were on the java fern hotel">.

cheers Darrel

Back