• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will liquid carbon be good enough for these plants?

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hello all,
My pressurised c02 has just ran out and im short term (maybe long term depending on the responses i get) using flourish excel to provide carbon.
The question is will liquid carbon be suitable for all of my plants or will it not be up to the task?
Plant list is:
Eleocharis parvula
Eleocharis acicularis
Hygrophila pinnitafida
Hygrophila corymbosa
Ludwigia arcuata
Microsorum pteropus 'pencil'
Microsorum pteropus 'petit'
Staurogyne repens
Taxiphyllum barbieri
Bolbitis heudolotti
Cryptocoryne balansae
Cryptocoryne parva
Cryptocoryne becketti 'petchii'
Cryptocoryne undulata 'broad leaves'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown'
Cryptocoryne wendtti 'mi oya'
Cryptocoryne wendtti 'tropica'

This is the tank and plants:

iphone453.jpg

Thanks,
Ady.

if your tank volume is over 200l its cheaper to use co2 than liquid carbon of any description (not the answer to your direct question but possibly useful)

hinch said:
if your tank volume is over 200l its cheaper to use co2 than liquid carbon of any description (not the answer to your direct question but possibly useful)

Thanks Hinch, tank vol is 180l, its just a question of sourcing c02 refills in co.durham or nearby otherwise its a 6hr round trip to the green machine to get another 2kg cylinder. Ill be going down sometime but need something in the meantime. I could go this weekend but trying to limit spending after christmas and £50 fuel for a £20 c02 cylinder is not going to go down too well with the missus!

ianho said:
what lighting are you using Ady?

Hi Ian,
its 2x 39w t5 hagen life glo bulbs with integrated reflector.

is it a refillable cylinder? why not just change to an FE if its not?

if it is refillable look up brewery supplies they should be able to refill for you. if you're stuck using non refillable cylinders the length of time this post has been up you could have ordered new ones on tinterweb and it would be here now :)

as far as liquid carbon goes somethings like HC/vallis etc aren't too happy with it

hinch said:
is it a refillable cylinder? why not just change to an FE if its not?

if it is refillable look up brewery supplies they should be able to refill for you. if you're stuck using non refillable cylinders the length of time this post has been up you could have ordered new ones on tinterweb and it would be here now :)

as far as liquid carbon goes somethings like HC/vallis etc aren't too happy with it

Hi again,
it is refillable, its a brewery c02 bottle bought as part of a kit from tgm. Ill look into brewery supplies, thanks for the heads up.
Ady.

if its refillable then look for the brewery/pub supplies OR welding supplies (there's alot of these in your area) both will be able to refill it with pure co2 for you somewhere in the £10 - £20 region

think if found somewhere. Going to see on saturday, hes based about 5 mins from my house and is a gas supplier, thanks for the advice.

Back