• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will my tank benefit from a high flow / big powerhead

Hi , I have a juwel trigon 190 with the internal filter and the 600 l/h power head which come with the tank. My tank is low tec, plants java ferns - cypts - anubias - bucephalandra - vallisnersia . Fish 11x H rasboras - 9x rummy nose - 1x S A eater - 4x amano shrimp. I want some bolbitis H which reading about them like high flow,
I been considering getting a larger power head for over a year, it just doesn't seem enough to me the plants barely move. I am just wondering if having a high flow / pump will benefit my tank or stick with what I've already got, I was thinking of upgrading to a 1000l/h powerhead

Last edited:
When I started back with planted, I bought a Juwel with an internal. I modified it with Eheim tubing and pipes so the pump/powerhead discharged over the top of the filter housing and directly in to the aquarium. I got very good flow, definitely enough for a low-energy setup.

You can just see it peeking over the top of the filter top right...

ecoaqua6-jpg.jpg

Hi,
Further to Tim's post, FYI manic flow rates are most useful for CO2 injected and highly lit tanks. There is generally no penalty in low tech tanks for using either low or high flow rates.

Cheers,

Back