• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would you expect more growth in 7 weeks...

I got my stuarogyne repens from a Random seller from eBay in submerged form, and that has grown better then the hc in my dsm .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooo don't doooo it don't flood it big clown ....... ;) haha

All the best :)
I will be keeping an eye out for updates if you do flood your tank , my dsm is currently going as steady as she goes ,
Hc still growing and spreading looking healthy, currently doing a time lapse of it which I will upload soon .
Staurogyne is growing brilliant and getting very bushy and the hair grass has started to pick up really well , so far all looks good and no signs or slowing growth or deterioration (touch wood).
I'm interested to see what happened with Terry's Mini flood .
I think I'm just going to leave it for as long as I can and maybe fill on or around 8 weeks , the more it has grown in the better.
But all aspects of a dsm has so many variables its silly to compare other tanks to one another .
I'm looking forward to flood and getting things sorted, I just hope I dont end up ruining 8 weeks of preparation .
Cheers

Just bear in mind that if you flood a tank you will never be able to supply the same amount of C02 as it can get from the atmosphere & we all know about how C02 effects growth.
DSM seem as fickle as flooded tanks though, as usually there are always some folk who just never seem to get any issues & for very often unexplained reasons some do!

Having an emersed set is great , easy to maintain looks awesome etc , may just add a few geckos or something and hey presto , a non-aquatic scape :) ........ Nah still prefer the aquascape version :)

Just bear in mind that if you flood a tank you will never be able to supply the same amount of C02 as it can get from the atmosphere & we all know about how C02 effects growth.
DSM seem as fickle as flooded tanks though, as usually there are always some folk who just never seem to get any issues & for very often unexplained reasons some do!

Cheers foxfish im going to give it as much co2 as possible and a 3x dose of liquid carbon too i just hope its enough to get past the transition to submerged growth but only time will tell. Like you say dsm can be really good or a complete failure.
Poison dart frogs sam

I think I will stick to fins any bubbles :)

What liquid carbon will you be using ??

Hey guys, big clown that really interesting to know your hc has slowed!
Was probably around then that mine slowed! Just finished flooding and draining mine, lots of scum on surface, but I expect that was from the aquasoil. Misting more over the last week has improved thing I think, looks slightly lusher! Il leave it a week or two to see if flood has improved things, if not I'm going to get all Noah's ark on that mofo!!! Will be using liquid carbon too to supplement co2 for the beginning, i think clive has said many a time to be carful and not just stop using liquid carbon but to very slowly reduce it over weeks/months.

Good to hear your mini flood went ok , I take it you had no floaters ?? A good trial to know that all have rooted well .
I think I will grab a liter of that tnc liquid carbon , Seems good value .

No floaters Sam, when I pulled out some of the browning stems in the week the roots were really deep, say 5cm or more!!

Nice ..

Are you thinking about flooding soon or you going to hold on and see if you get some more growth ??

Going to wait for week or two to see if flood kick starts things! If not then will be flooding! It's been 10 weeks today!!!!

Back