• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WRGB2 Pro 90

gunny bedford

HI
So i've taken the plunge an purchased a WGRB2 Pro 90 for my tank, which I am in the process of re setting up, so thought i would take the opportunity to upgrade the lighting and go with the top off. I've never had a LED light this before, so was wondering what was the best mix of colours, %'s etc for good plant growth ? I appreciate probably a very personal thing but was wondering what other people are using ? The plants i will be keeping will not be anything too exotic or difficult, but would perhaps like to get some form of simple carpet going. Also what is the best length of light time ? and would an hour ramp up/down be OK ?
Many thanks Neil

green Aqua recommends to choose the preset setting on the app and then do minor adjustments. Most people recommend 7-8 hours of light. A ramp up/down will be beneficial. the lights suddenly turning on can stress the fish and potentially make them jump out if you don’t have a lid.

Hi Neil

I have the WRGB2 Pro 120 and it is a great light and pretty powerful. I have played around with the settings a bit and am currently on the below, albeit I reduced the photoperiod ever so slightly due to an algae issue and going away for a week, do I normally run for seven hours a day including a 30 minute ramp each end. This has given me decent plant growth.

I think you can pretty much go with whatever you like best for your plants and fish in terms of WRGB. Or the preset options obviously work as mentioned.

Cheers

Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820_160540_My Chihiros.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_160540_My Chihiros.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 89
Back