• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yet Another Filter Recommendation!

NanoJames

Hi guys
I kind of fancy saving up for an external for my 60 litre. I was thinking that here wouldn't be a bad place to get recommendations!:) I would rather it was £60 or under but if that isn't managable I could maybe go a little bit over. It isn't a high tech planted by any means and the internal I have at the moment doesn't really chuck out the litres per hour!;) I amn't really too bothered about the 10X tank volume turn over thing either. Even if you could could recommend a line of filters for me to look at and decide which one would be best suited to my tank that would be great!
Cheers

I'm partial to the Tetratec range personally. The EX600 or EX700 would be a good choice (although I've run an EX1200 in a 60 litre before!)
Hi Steve!
Thamks for getting back. Do the numbers represent the LPH? If so, that is quite a feat, 1200 lph on 60 litres!:lol: I'll go and have a look at them now!

I run an eheim 2213 on my 60L. But I should have gone for a 2215. I do find the 2213 to be a little light on the current department. But it still works.

It's dead quiet, and I have never had an issue with it. It's one of the cheaper "classic" models.

The 2215 holds more than enough media. In fact, so does the 2213. I still think the old classic eheims were some of the best filters they ever made... They are quiet, reliable, easy to find spares and they seem to work pretty well too.

there is no such thing as over filtering i have a soft spot for tetratec filter and eheim but if your wanting to spend not a lot of money and buy brand new you cant go far wrong with the APS filter range Aquarium External Filters | Aquarium Supplies - All Pond Solutions
Thanks biffster! It isn't overfiltering I'm worried about it's only that my fish wouldn't be too happy if I upped from about 350 LPH with my internal to 1000 LPH with the APS!;) I'll have a look at them properly in a moment!:)

Thanks biffster! It isn't overfiltering I'm worried about it's only that my fish wouldn't be too happy if I upped from about 350 LPH with my internal to 1000 LPH with the APS!;) I'll have a look at them properly in a moment!:)
PFK did a write up on the APS filter not long ago. I think there is a link around somewhere if not on there sits ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

one of my tanks i am running a tetratec 700 a eheim pro2 and a fluval 206
and one of my 30 inch tanks as is running a eheim 2075 and the corys and
B/N seem to be very happy

Back