• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I took the shrimp guard off my filter and now I just empty it every week and pour the water through two nets; big shrimp get caught by the coarse net and go back in, baby shrimp get caught in the fine net and get moved to a nano for growing on.

I used to do that in my puddle too mate plus there were the planters and a much bigger plant mass that shrimplets would hide in.

I figure atleast if I transfer the majority of my crystals over to the other tank once babies get to a certain size they can go into the big tank.

If I get started now then atleast when I come to getting the bigger set up in January I should have a fairly big group of shrimp ready to go in.

Wow, going bigger again so soon? Are you going to keep the current tank?

Around january time is when ill be ordering it and takes around 2 weeks to be made and delivered as its in acrylic so less waiting time.
No I wont be keeping the current tank once the new one is ordered. I wont have room. Its yours if you want it mate. Stand too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of, ive not popped any recent updates up so here's just a few pics of how the tanks looking today.
The carpet plants are starting to finally grow over the area where wood used to be.

Emmersed wood

9671691177_f80c77ea5b_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

9671695173_50c416d860_b.jpg

9671697803_04f80fdc12_b.jpg

9674927214_9d37935be0_b.jpg

9674929950_3d65ca7162_b.jpg

9674933236_35f9425172_b.jpg

And one of the newer additions added yesterday

9671714011_ea7e327b5c_b.jpg

In the mean time im planning a small low tech scape for when I get my tmc signature cube :D

The maiden hair is looking awesome!

The carpet is looking really thick now but seems to be taking its time to fill in where you moved the wood.

Did you ever get a positive ID on the plant ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

It looks stunning Alastair! A picture of health too, I love the last 2 pics, they look so natural... Keep the updates coming :)

Thanks gary im loving the tank now, just a shame its having to come to an end but the end has been delayed which ill show why in a minute....

The maiden hair is looking awesome!

The carpet is looking really thick now but seems to be taking its time to fill in where you moved the wood.

Did you ever get a positive ID on the plant ?

Thanks ali. .
The maiden hair fern is awesome it will be going in the new tank too. Im hoping to split it up and attach it to the monstrous piece of wood ive got.
Where the wood was its actually throwing runners out now. It was a little slow to start but its taking off.

The plant never got a true id, it appears to be some form of hybrid between e tennelus and dwarf saggitaria. Its no higher than 3 cm. Itll be passed onto people free when this tank comes down

On another note...... I had ordered my monster tank the other day and was told today that its actually going to be done in 4 weeks so thought best make a start taking this down and to my shock and amazement look what I found when I walked up to the tank......

Chocolate babies........ im very happy
9800615755_5123bcf65c_b.jpg
chocolate gourami breeding by Mr-T-, on Flickr

9800627404_8a78416743_b.jpg
baby chocolate gourami by Mr-T-, on Flickr

9800592225_f54fed54f2_b.jpg
baby chocolate gourami 2 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

9800670443_636cf4eae3_b.jpg
baby chocolate gouramis by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Im over the moon. Theyre eating banana worms greedily and colours are beautiful...

Crap pics the battery was dead on my digital

Absolutely amazing, what an achievement! I've heard many people complain about how hard it is to keep adult chocolates alive let alone breeding them.

Thanks micheal, im just as amazed myself I really was not expecting it at all.

Choc babies... great stuff and what a compliment to your tank health.... really nice to see :thumbup:

Cheers mate, yes the tank must be perfect for them as theyve bred before but never been succesful. They must be really happy and im really really chuffed. Tank bred chocolate gouramis are a rarity I think from reading online and these seem really healthy and active. There's loads of them.
Its kind of made it difficult to set up the big tank now as I can't move these for a while.

Congrats mate :)
The best compliment of all paid to the tank by the inhabitants themselves!
Amazing stuff.....again, and the new monster tank to look forward to aswell.
With these chocolates you are spoiling us :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

That's fantastic mate especially with the problems you had to start with. When do you plan on starting the new mega tank up?

Back