• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Spec V drystart

Keith advised me to cut away a lot of the hydrocotyle so I could see the shrimp better. Here's the result:
17158714792_cc74b21f19_c.jpg

Is this with just the stock light on the tank - I can't recall if upgraded the lighting
Plants have done very nicely (though must admit I rather liked the pre-trim hydrocotyle but it will grow again)

Hi Rob. Looking nice and healthy! I'd trim down (remove?) the java moss, i think it would tidy up the tank.

High on the left, low on the right is working for me :thumbup:

Thank you parrotlet.
Alto light is:
BeamsWork 14-17 in. LED lamp
1500 lumen
.5 watt x 33
1000K x 30
Actinic 460nm. x 3
Dantrasy, I have been thinking of removing or thinning most of the Ludwegia at the right to clear up the view. I don't have any other place right now for the Jave fern and I don't want to destroy it.

Hi Rob, Use the trimmings and Java fern for a Wabi-Kusa That way you will be propagating plants not destroying them ;)

I know you have low humidity where you live. So you could do the W-K in a bowl. Something like the old gold fish bowl shape would be good. Just a Thought :D

Back