• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

From Tranquility Island to A Dutch Touch [200L]

Nice pics Alex! What lighting do you have above your tank and what water parameters are you aiming for? (NO3/PO4/KH/GH)

Gilles, i'n not much of a tester, plants will tell me if we "have a problem". :D
Lighting : 3xGiesmann Aquaflora [39w], 3xGiesmann Midday [39w].
Lighting works only 7 hours a day and the lamps are at 20 cm above the aquarium.

The last tests i took looked like this :

-PH 7
-KH 8
-NO3 20
-NO2 0
-Cl 0

I think NO3 is lower now, because i'm getting more reddish tops.

Yesterday's pics after a water change, hope to get some more clear ones today or tomorrow :

tranquility_room_23122013_2_900_rszt1312.jpg

tranquility_dutch_23122013_1_900_rszt1312.jpg

That's an interesting looking reactor. Care to explain how it works? Looks like you use a small powerhead to push water down the reactor?

I've used VIMI All in red the past week to see how it goes, so far so good.
Only 20 ml a day for 200 L of water, now dosing 22 ml.
I think the recommended dose for my aquarium is 26, but i wanted to see step by step the differences.

Left : 23.12.2013 (after water change) | Right : 30.12.2013
comp_tranquility_dutch_23_30_122013_900_rszt1312.jpg

high resolution

Left : 24.12.2013 | Right : 30.12.2013
comp_tranquility_dutch_2_24_30_122013_900_rszt1312.jpg

high resolution

flygja, the powerhead seems to work just fine for 2 bps. Yes, water breaks the CO2 bubbles and pushes them thru the plastic spirals in the cylinder.
At the bottom of the cylinder i have a strainer that holds the small bubbles even longer, giving it a higher efficiency.

flygja, the powerhead seems to work just fine for 2 bps. Yes, water breaks the CO2 bubbles and pushes them thru the plastic spirals in the cylinder.
At the bottom of the cylinder i have a strainer that holds the small bubbles even longer, giving it a higher efficiency.

Thanks for the explanation. Do you mind taking a picture of the whole reactor if you have time? I've been feeling that my while my Up Aqua inline diffuser does produce very tiny bubbles, its still mostly wasted. Thinking of changing to a reactor. Partly your fault LOL!

'Micro' Trace Mix Plus formula with : - Boron 1.06% - Copper 0.23% - Iron 8.2% - Manganese 1.82% - Molybdenum 0.15% - Zinc 1.16% all in 1 litre of tap water. I dose around 7-8 ml a day.
By the way Alex, you didn't mention how many grams are diluted in 1 litre of tap water?

Back