1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

New TMC Mini LED 400

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Radik, 2 Aug 2011.

1. Radik

Radik Member

Ok Guys who know what is the price and when available? on PFK they said end of May.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3898

It should be 4 Osram SSL LED's (80 or 150 degree spread, I guess 80 for TMC) which seems to be of same efficiency as CREE XP-G Q5.

This little thing will run on 12W at 1000mA which should give around 1100 Lumens which could be as 24W+ T5 on PAR level I guess and I just recently started my DIY LED for P&H nano with 4x XP-G but I would use them on sides of main tank and buy this new TMC for nano instead.

Somewhere on other forum I've seen 39 pounds and it should come with dimmer... If true this light will be no brainer for nano :crazy:
  2. Tom

Tom Member

If they're £39 then I'll almost definitely get one :D Or two... maybe 3?
  3. Westyggx

Westyggx Member

This is just what im after as well for my P@H Tank.
  4. Eboeagles

Eboeagles Member

Ditto - when and where will they be available?
  5. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Where did you get those prices? At £39 is a steal... :)
  6. Tom

Tom Member

From the OP!!
  7. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

OP.. ? Don't know what it is.. sorry.. But £39 is a good price.
  8. Tom

Tom Member

Original poster, Radik!
  9. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

ahh.. :) silly me.. thanks,
  10. Sentral

Sentral Member

Can't really tell what it looks like, do they come with a clip or something? But yeah, concept sounds good
  11. hotweldfire

hotweldfire Member

There's some kind of separate mounting system I believe. Would be very interested in one of these.
  12. Radik

Radik Member

I called TMC they won't talk much to me unless I am registered retailer so I called some other retailer and asked for release date and price. They said around September, but TMC said this week fro release lol. And retailer said price in range of 70-90 which triggered me to finish my DIY nano led fixture for less than half of that.
  13. Eboeagles

Eboeagles Member

Wish they'd hurry up already, although that price point seems a bit prohibitive to me as its for nano's.

would be nice if PFK offered it up as a subscription offer ;)
  14. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Yep, almost £100 is a lot of money for that.

Better to learn how to setup a led box. :)
  15. Radik

Radik Member

Check my new P&H nano thread ;) I made custom led for 30 pounds matching TMC. I could help you with something it is not difficult.
  16. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Thanks, will check it out.

From what I understand we need the LEDs, a device called a driver and that is it, right?

---
  17. si-man

si-man Member

Any news on this light?
  18. He-Man

He-Man Newly Registered

yeah I have some news and you're not going to like it but as far as I can gather, through retailers always happy to ring tmc and the reply , :clap: every place I went (six best in nottingham area ) was the same.."tmc aren't releasing mini led 400 at all and pfk have got it wrapped round their necks" now... this can't just be a coincidence surely? :crazy:

I've got to admit... I stopped buying it and if it does come out then whoopeedoo for nano, sure that they make an excellent nano clip anyway and very affordable too
  19. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

There are other ways to have a led out of the box, and way cheaper than this.

The guys from salt water tanks have clip on e27 or e14 bulbs, and you can get those lights on led. :)

I got a e27 that is about 100w bright, and two e14 that give as much light as 50w, but no heat. :)

20. ghostsword

ghostsword Member