• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stairway to Heaven - Nature Aquarium

Hi.

These last few weeks have been crazy! So many adventures and new projects... I'l share them with you as soon as I can. I'm sure you are going to love it :)
For now I have a video of "Stairway to Heaven" where you can see the modification I did on the front of the layout. Hope you like it!

Regards,
André

Hi.

At this moment, everything keeps growing and calm. This week I got 5 Yunnanilus sp."rosy" to help controlling algae.
I have some photos for you... Hope you like them :)

020_zps1d92a060.jpg

021_zps0287e964.jpg

022_zps6bec2027.jpg

019_zpsb72e3c56.jpg

Regards,
André

Last edited:
Janf great looking tank. Can the hygro pinat be tied to wood in a similar way to an anubias or does it need its roots planted? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janf great looking tank. Can the hygro pinat be tied to wood in a similar way to an anubias or does it need its roots planted? Thanks

Thank you! Yes, it can :)
Any stem plant can grow that way however you need to keep fertilizing your aquarium so the plant has the nutrients needed do grow. Hygro pinnatifida is definitely one of the best plants to grow this way because of its horizontal spread.

Regards,
André

Thank you! Yes, it can :)
Any stem plant can grow that way however you need to keep fertilizing your aquarium so the plant has the nutrients needed do grow. Hygro pinnatifida is definitely one of the best plants to grow this way because of its horizontal spread.

Regards,
André
Ah nice i may use it on the vertical arm of my driftwood up to the water level. Maybe even up and out of the water if it can be emersed??

Ah nice i may use it on the vertical arm of my driftwood up to the water level. Maybe even up and out of the water if it can be emersed??

Exactly :D
Yes, you can do it for sure! Hygro it's a very nice plant to tie to wood... You will notice that :p

Lovely tank. I like the way you have used the wood. :) waiting for more updates.

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi!
This project has been amazing and one of the most challenging I had so far. Everything is healthy and growing welI which is awesome however I've noticed some algae a few days ago. For now is not a big dead to take care of them but... is warning that something may not be right.
The carpet still growing as well and is almost completed!
Let you some pics of Stairway to Heaven
2019124001.gif

027_zps6c3cbddb.jpg

026_zps0474317f.jpg

025_zps7456e769.jpg

024_zps8becc99d.jpg

023_zpsa1bf634f.jpg

Regards,
André Ferreira

Back