• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wavepiont LED Strip Light

I've not used them, but have seen them in action. They are really really bright, I don't know how they are par wise though. They have some nice colour renditions as well. The 8000k would be great.

Are they cree? :) I'm looking into led myself bit do not want to spend 300 upwards. If you don't mind me asking on your thread, what are the beamswork units like for the planted aquarium?

Thanks just had a look, I did try the search before I asked but what I tapped in turned up nothing. probably my spelling:D

Hi Piotr, i'm no one to comment really but am a TMC 600 ultima grobeam user. I think the Wavepoint LED's look great and very attractively priced, however worth noting (when comparing to TMC for example) that there is a lack of controller for the Wavepoints as yet so not quite sure how you'd moderate the lighting if you needed to.

Seems a few of us using the TMC's ultimas have had issue with full power causing, ah hem, unwanted growth ;) so it's nice to have the facility to tone them down via a controller which don't think you can with the Wavepoints yet.

Cheers,
Rob :)

What size tank? The TMC does have pretty adaptable fitting options. I'm using the twin pack on an 80cm.

TMC are if I'm right 18.5" long. Wavepints 24" witch is still not perfect but longer. How do you find TMC light spred on your tank Rob? Can you post some pictures?

Spread is good. I'm running mine at 25% at the minute which is still quite bright! ;) all plants growing, not so much algae now lol

Ian, ref the mountray brackets, do you remember the thickness of tank rim these would fit? I wondered if they'd fit a fluval Roma with the top trim still fitted.

I remember now that someone posted a picture of a scape with the new TMC strip ligts that looked like Wavepoint that will be available soon? Anyone knows anything more about them?

Back