• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just Fun ...

The new skimmer:
6795666744_bf7e810fc4_z.jpg

For removing surface scum (it sucks the water from both surface and bottom of the tank), don't really like the looks when the scum traps the CO2 bubbles, I'll remove it when it stops developing. :)

Ah, thanks. Thought it might be something like that, but I've only heard of skimmers used for marine tanks.

Yes it does the job and it's half the size of JBL Topclean. :)
I'm using the intake from the e900/e700 to fit it on, had to cut it before because was a bit too long. If you want to fit it on the e1500 intake you need to cut a 16/12mm pipe and fit it inside the 22/16 one and it works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250809513948

Mike

Ha,ha, vivian from the young ones....... In snail format, quality

clonitza said:
The new skimmer:
6795666744_bf7e810fc4_z.jpg

This is what I fitted to my setup a few months back as I too was getting very tired of the ugly film building up on the surface. I actually took all mine apart, got my dremel out and modified it using some of my grey Ehiem parts. The reason I did this was because the V2 skimmer states a 600l maximum limit and I'm running a G6.

I cut off the standard bottom intake and refitted the grey Ehiem one thinking that this would improve a higher amount of water to be drawn in and it worked a treat :thumbup: I've got mine set so only about 5% of the water is sucked in through the top and the water surface is as clear as it can be! A massive difference and well woth the £17 for the kit and a bit of work :thumbup:

Mike I cannot believe I missed this thread. I have just read it from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed doing so. Like the others, I love the new look with the wood. Though I did like the cave too :) Did you end up putting Apisto's in here in the end ?

Thanks guys! :)

Gary you are right, if you've got surface scum why not use a surface extractor, they aren't expensive and they work great especially if you find a way to tweak them to your needs. I had also the other chinese version (the black one) but it was a little bit too bulky. Hopefully soon I'll replace with the glass intake.

Antipofish they are there alright though lately I haven't taken photos with them but if you look carefully there's one in my last full tank photo. I have now a mature male and 3 juvenile pairs and maybe some babies, not sure. :)

Cheers,
Mike

Back