• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Green&Grey" (300l) - Last day video

If you love Tetra Embers, here is a video of them entering the aquarium and from the next day, when the school was already very beatufil.
Their colors are not as nice as they should be in the future, but nevertheless a very good looking fish.
I think music is very nice for the images ;)

Just had my first problem with one of the embers. One of them got a bloodworm in his mouth and could not take it out or in. I took him out and manage to get the bloodworm out with tweezers. I think he would end up dying but seems alright now.
Don't know if i'll give them more while they are so small...

Pedro.

Hi Pedro,
i love your videos, and i too love embers, lovely little fish. Much like yours mine were very washed out when i bought them, took them several weeks to colour up fully, but now are a lovely burnt orange :D

Just had my first problem with one of the embers. One of them got a bloodworm in his mouth and could not take it out or in. I took him out and manage to get the bloodworm out with tweezers. I think he would end up dying but seems alright now.
Don't know if i'll give them more while they are so small...

Pedro.
Mine take bloodworms now, but like you say may struggle when very small.....even now they look like they are smoking a cigar, i described it like this :cigar: in a post you may find useful from George Farmer when he added his small embers:
DIY fish food blend... | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Tank is looking really strong and filling in beautifully now.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady, thank you for the link. What a cocktail that George have done :)
... And yes, they smoke bloodworms :) they love it.

Lets see on the next weeks what colors will they take. For how log have you got yours?

Pedro.

Yesterday i made some experiments with lights and taking some more photos of the frenzy embers :)

This is the one i prefer... but much more to do with photo taking :)
gg-day41-0.jpg

Two experiments with colors
gg-day41-1.jpg

gg-day41-2.jpg

Ember shoal
gg-day41-3.jpg

gg-day41-5.jpg

gg-day41-4.jpg

Green valley
gg-day41-7.jpg

gg-day41-6.jpg

Pedro.

I really love your aquarium neighbor its perfect :) i hope make something like this in the future eheh

Cheers Pedro

Your previous journal "Throught the distance" was a true masterpiece, I will use it, when I managed to set a large tank in my apartment! But this one is amazing also, the proper work, the "documentation", the fish choice also, Pedro keep up good work! I will follow this thread also, as I did before. ;)

Some updates from last weekend:
- the first picture from saturday, the day before one more PWC and second HM trimminga primeira de sábado, antes da TPA e do trimming
- the second one after the trimming

gg-day42-0.jpg

(this first picture is 2 weeks after HM trimming)

gg-day43-0.jpg

I can say that everything is going about right but last monday i saw something brown on plants and hardscape. Thursday it got worse.
On friday (on the weekly tests) i saw that NO3 was zero!!! Not right because i'm using Power Sand...

Some one (Nuno M., also a UKAPs member) pointed on a portuguese forum that might be Diatoms, what is about right because it's not a plant problem but something that gets out easly by touching with the hand.

I'm on the 6th week and for what i thought that wasn't suppose to happen at this moment, but it can be because of the 100 ember entering one and a half week before.

I made the usual middle-week PWC and are looking at fertilization issues also (lack of NO3 and PO4).
I think that ADA Brighty Lights are not giving enought macros... just thinking that many things i've been reading about ADA ferts can be right (too much water for the price).

Pedro.

Today i made tests.
Since last tuesday (described above) until toda i used the following ferts:

20ml de ADA Brighty Lights (1,36 €)
15 ml de ADA Brighty K (1,02 €)
10 ml de ADA Step 3 (0,68 €)
Total: 3.06 €

Results:
NO3 - 0
PO4 - 0.25
(power sand stopped giving me enough NO3 at the 5th week... is this normal?)

:banhappy:

On my ADA 60P aquarium, 4 ml of Macros + 4 ml of Micros 3x week gave me NO3=20 and PO4=2 mg/l... the cost of this? 0,36 € / week

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You better stick to dry salts Pedro, before you bankrupt Portugal even further :p

I think that our politics have the exclusive of that :happy:

I made the weekly spending and it gives me 25 € against 2 € (EI) for the same litres.

I have no photos, yet, but yesterday when i was changing water and disturbed HM, a lot of very tiny CRS started swimming around :p
... i even saw a "junior" (i suppose that it is one 4 mm long that i put with the other 3 CRS four weeks ago. I never saw him anymore and i even thought that he was death...).

Pedro.

It has been 6 weeks since i last updated this topic.

This was taken sunday at 10am, just before a PWC and a 5-7 cm trim on the HM:
gg-day92-0.jpg

The next ones are from one month ago. Mainly CRS.

Tetra Embers eating boodworms.

gg-day64-4.jpg

gg-day64-1.jpg

CRS ...

gg-day64-2.jpg

gg-day65-1.jpg

gg-day65-3.jpg

gg-day65-4.jpg

gg-day65-5.jpg

gg-day65-6.jpg

Pedro.

Back