• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

‘Phœnix’ , 45x27x30cm.

While I was cutting the more affected leaves today…I made this to explain the issue :
DDC2021C-0CCB-4039-9E92-BE2825D930F4.png

And then I saw many scapes including Bucephalandra or even emersed growing buces with the same issue:
413C3B27-AF7F-41D1-B003-275E7B3FD7D5.jpeg

I’m starting to think if all this wasn’t just old leaves that were decaying? Apart from the Kishii eventually…

To be continued …
Cheers guys

That looks a lot like the melt ive been having on my buce 😬 Its hit my population pretty hard. Not sure if mine start with the holes too, but the phase 3 and 4 look awfully familiar.. maybe my issue is different though.
Am I seeing it correctly in the picture that stage 4 leaf has translucent slimy bits of leaf around the edges of the lesion?

That looks a lot like the melt ive been having on my buce 😬 Its hit my population pretty hard. Not sure if mine start with the holes too, but the phase 3 and 4 look awfully familiar.. maybe my issue is different though.
Am I seeing it correctly in the picture that stage 4 leaf has translucent slimy bits of leaf around the edges of the lesion?

So after closer inspection today, it seems that even the new leaves are affected, including on buce that have been introduced only a month ago (mini coin).

Some holes ares surrounded by an translucent green stuff…

I think it’s getting worse unfortunately, still dosing daily 1ml of all in one soil from masterline, since approx 2 weeks now, didn’t make any change.

The fact that old leaves AND new leaves makes me think of some kind of sickness more than a deficiency…

How did you got rid of this nasty stuff @Hufsa ?

I was thinking about the soil getting nasty and old too, especially in some areas I can’t even clean…but the fact that it’s only affecting the buce is an bit strange.

Others plants in here, are growing perfectly fine, even the sensitive ones… this includes:
-Rotala blood red sg
-Rotala Florida
-Crepidomanes vietnam
-Bolbitis Gua Angin
-Riccardia, mini Christmas, pilo moss and buce moss
-Microsorum petite
-Anubia pangolino

I’m thinking of doing 2-3 small waterchange per week instead of one per week in order to suck up as much dirt as possible from the soil, and eventually replace the sand too, but that’s something i’m doing quite often.

Let’s see 🤞🏻

EDIT:
If I remember correctly this problem started when I used the ada superjet instead of the Dennerle scaper's flow...could the much lower flow be the cause of the problem? I’m now thinking of changing the pipes position to get more flow in the foreground again…or even setting the scapers flow back on.

Last edited:
Hi there,

So after a few brainstorming and help from other hobbyists , I think that my issue may be due to a lack of K and eventually Mg.

I wasn’t sure at first to be some kind of deficiency because my dosing schedule has been the same than with my previous scapes but I forgot that I used such an lean soil on this one (Dooa river soil), and as it’s getting old, it’s making sense that I’ll need to dose more in the water.

I’m now totally sure that these holes aren’t caused by :
-snails
-glutaraldehyde
-lack of flow
(In my case at least)

So I started to dose an more complete fert since yesterday and before this I changed the pipes location just to be sure the front area where the buces are, gets enough flow.

Let’s see how it goes!

Tank is ready for an final shot, so will have plenty of time to experiment after this:)

Actual situation, not bad from a distance ;

3F565E27-7B7E-472A-8B7F-B443916C84D5.jpeg

Last edited:
How did you got rid of this nasty stuff @Hufsa ?
Im sorry for taking so long to get back to you 😬
Honestly I haven't gotten rid of it myself, so I would be very interested if you manage to solve it, maybe it could also be applied to my tank.
So after a few brainstorming and help from other hobbyists , I think that my issue may be due to a lack of K and eventually Mg.

So I started to dose an more complete fert since yesterday and before this I changed the pipes location just to be sure the front area where the buces are, gets enough flow.

Let’s see how it goes!
Fingers crossed it works! Hope you keep us updated

Back