240L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by nico, 27 Aug 2009.

1. nico

nico Member

Hi everybody ,

Here is a lay-out i'm working on, the tank is 240L , 120*45*45cm , i still have to finish the plantation , the background will be fully planted (nothing in the left part at this moment) , i want the background to be light and colorful , only have to wait for it to grow :D

hope you like it ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and some pictures of the inhabitants , quite a few varieties in this tank as recently rather than keeping a big school of fishes i'd rather have many different species:)

Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis

[​IMG]

Tanichthys albonubes

[​IMG]

red phantom

[​IMG]

rasbora dorsiocellata in an earlier version of this tank

[​IMG]

puntius rhomboocellatus also in an earlier version of this tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a shrimp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Oh my lord, thats going to be incredible! That wood is delightful, i shall be doing something similar in the near future so i'll be keeping a keen eye on this one!

Lovely work :D

3. mattyc

mattyc Member

It is grate fun waiting for things to grow you can neaver be 100% what you are going to get. looking good keep us posted on the tanks progress

4. JamesM

JamesM Member

Very nice indeed, Nico :)

5. rawr

rawr Member

Wow, that's amazing! I especially like the last photo.

6. andyh

andyh Member

Excellent pics and tank! keep posting !

7. hydrophyte

hydrophyte Member

I think I remember seeing this over on APC. It's looking great. What is that tan-colored carpeting plant? It complements the driftwood very well.

8. Superman

Superman Member

Super stuff, can't wait to see everything when it's grown in.
    The wood is uber-nice.

9. samc

samc Member

awsome! :D

i am really into these type of scapes at the moment.

10. SunnyP

SunnyP Member

Very nice job. Looks amazing at the moment. Can not wait to see the mature version.

11. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

great tank nico, the layout of wood is superb :)

12. nico

nico Member

Thank you for your comments :D

Hydrophyte , the carpet is mainly composed of tenellus , but there are also 3 varieties of eleocharis some glosso and some moss , actually i am not even sure what it's going to look like once finished :D

for this lay-out i feel like something is missing in the foreground , maybe some more wood on the ground to give a more natural -less organize- effect for the lay-out that seems to "clean" at this point ?

once this version will be finished , i'll try a version with some stones in the foreground , not so sure it will match with the scene though but it is worth a try ;)

those are the plants used for this lay-out , quite a lot of varieties for this one :D

background , rotala sp green , eleocharis vivipara , green macrandra , hygrophila polysperma , vallisneria nana , ludwigia arcuata needle leaf , rotala indica , myriophillum matogrossense , hygrophila sp ,MU

middle section : microsorum narrow leaf , bolbitis ,cryptocoryne wendi green , fantanalis sp , vesicularia sp , tenellus , (

foreground :tenellus (2 varieties , red and green , i'll try to keep only a little bit of the red one), cryptocoryne parva , eleo acicularis , eleo parvula , eleo short , glosso , vesicularia sp .

13. nico

nico Member

i modified a bit the hardscape , still i am not satisfied yet so i will work on it a bit more :D
    anyways here is the central part ;)

[​IMG]

14. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

It`s starting to show some nice textures, Nico. I especially like the foreground and the ferns around the wood.

Dave.

15. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

I'm gutted because my next layout is going to be almost identicle to this, plant list and all :( I hope it'll turn out as well as this!

16. neelhound

neelhound Member

it looks great! :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Im really loving how you captured the water surface moving too

17. nico

nico Member

Thank you for your comments :D

Dan , there are tons of tanks using wood with those plants and still they all look different , so i dont think that you have to worry about it ;)

18. ScottYalloP

ScottYalloP Member

I wish i could get my tank to look like that. :thumbup:

19. rawr

rawr Member

I love how this is turning out! I love the natural woodland type feel to it.

20. Vito

Vito Member

Great scape Nico, the hardscape and planting is spot on mate not to mention the great pics, An awesome tank and its still early days.