• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40 Litres Low Tech

It’s past 6 weeks, the tank is cycled and (over)stocked; I myself acquired MTS during the wait. Someone somewhere should think up a vaccine for this terrible terrible disease.

Updates soon...

(When the lights go kteek!)

3075942B-E8E0-4161-BD95-7B118CF1D015.jpeg
MTS tangent (don’t wanna set new threads..) Shout out to IKEA for the cabinet, rack, lamp and print painting.

This spot is perfect, doesn’t get any direct sunlight which I find may increase chances of algae outbreak.

I’ll outline the three nano tanks on the rack in my next post; didn’t really document their conceptions, things just happened, thus the joy of such our hobby of creative living :)

9EE84380-D8C5-4783-BB41-9A5DE773B697.jpeg

Top-rack pico tank: no filter, low tech. Anthurium, Peace Lily and Pothos plants sit atop three pebbles with their roots dangled into the water column.

B231D63E-FC4D-40AB-94E2-FEBBD69F7A96.jpeg

Fittonia and moss, with some plants stolen from the main tank.

C79D0D75-2DA6-4871-BA64-7962B3489870.jpeg

Houses four Clown Kilifish. Adorable little critters, these.

Lovely! Do you change the water at all? Plotting something similar.. 👀
I’m still monitoring the nitrates. If they don’t reach so high, I’ll probably won’t do any.

What plants do you plan to grow out the water? I’m still learning which household plant works emersed in a planted aquarium.

I’m still monitoring the nitrates. If they don’t reach so high, I’ll probably won’t do any.

What plants do you plan to grow out the water? I’m still learning which household plant works emersed in a planted aquarium.
I’ve no idea really yet - probably anything lying about! Of tank trimmings, hydrocotyle grows really well for me emersed.

Looks great. What are the tank dimensions and roughly how much water is in there?
I’m not sure really. Don’t have the measurements on hand but it’s smaller than 10 litres for sure. With the hardscape et al. that number’s sure to fall.

Please don’t copy my fishkeeping ethics; I’m trying to keep those plants alive.

As promised earlier: the two other tanks on the other rack adjacent to the main tank, which this thread is about (and which we’ll return to upon the conclusion of this post).

F8963119-7546-40BA-96EB-9BA054C6A727.jpeg

Blurry photo’s on purpose. Nothing to see here, move along haha.

BB172B31-88E6-42A5-9A83-3E990FF1BC03.jpeg

This tank is a paludarium tank so it has the potential to be a future paludarium scape, the reason why I was tempted to buy it. For now I have indoor plants hanging out from the water surface. It’s a no filter, no water change setup. Just an mini underwater powerhead to agitate the surface a little, that’s all.

That’s all.

Back