• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" overcoming diatoms

nayr88 said:
are they okai with the co2?

Their fine mate. Although i run high co2, at night, a 50% WC resets everything for them.

I planted the amano hydracotle a week ago or so (i still cant belive it's from amanos own tank, how childish is that! :lol: ), and it's doing great. Last 2 days have seen considerable growth...i sense a weed is in the country ;)

as soon as I've got enough to trim, I'll send some out to members. Garuf first.

It's the bright green plant

amano-hydra.jpg

Those two shots are cracking! :thumbup:

The Amano's hydrocotile is looking great, I just start dreaming now.... :)

I was going to ask you, where did you get this litle fellow on the last picture :) Is this AquaSys feeder :twisted:

I just have seen few pics and I love how they look! Prety close to ADA look though.

Wow, that Hydrocotyle looks awesome! I'd like to purchase some if you ship to Denmark..?

Were's all that algae you're talking about? I can't see any. :D

JEK said:
I'd like to purchase some if you ship to Denmark..?

i'll send it for free when i've enough.

JEK said:
Were's all that algae you're talking about? I can't see any.

it's disappearing. It was only minor, but it was there. :? The thing with diatoms is, it can make your plants looks sh"@, until things stabalise.

George Farmer said:
Then new Hydrocotyle sp. seems to be settling in nicely. Good news.

It's doing good now George. I'll let it go on its own little mission.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Is this AquaSys feeder

It's is Antoni. Juri gave it to me to try. it's nice, and should be available soon, along with other glassware by all accounts. :D

Thanks Mark, that's very nice of you. You must let me pay for the postage though.

JEK said:
Thanks Mark, that's very nice of you. You must let me pay for the postage though.

If it's not too much, i dont mind. you may have to way a few weeks though.

Tom said:
Then me!! Could frame it

I was like a kid after George gave it to me :lol:

the order i'll send it out is...

Garuf
Antoni
Jek
Tom.

here's another angle shot. You can diatoms are nearly over...i'm showing images closer to the plants. :lol:

The thing is, Amano lets it merge with everything. Should i do the same? it's going to get everywhere, and could look great.

Here's an over all shot. Very untidy workstation i know, but this is still, in my eye's and experimentation tank, so i'm doing much more to this tank than i have with others. pruning etc.

fts-7.jpg

amano-hydro-1.jpg

Nice work Mark, it's certainly growing in well and it's nice to see that your enemy - the diatoms are disappearing!

Mark, not been around much last few weeks but this tank is really my cup of tea! There is lots to take in and the selction of plants is first class, cant wait to see it mature a little more. Keep up the good work.

How are these new ferts working for you, i know its early days

Dan Crawford said:
it's nice to see that your enemy - the diatoms are disappearing!

my nemesis at the moment :twisted: It's part of the process i guess, just something i'm not used to.

George Farmer said:
Get your nano next to the 60cm, and utilise some of that wasted light!

That's reserved for my 35L arcadia tank :D

andyh said:
There is lots to take in and the selction of plants is first class, cant wait to see it mature a little more. Keep up the good work.

How are these new ferts working for you, i know its early days

Thanks Andy. The ferts seem to be doing great. In my nano, the acicularis is looking absolutely fab. even in this tank, with limited light it's really green.

Of course it's really early days, but for me at least, i can actually see a difference in terms of plant health. I'm excited to see the health in 2 months time.

I'm not one for science. I just want something that works. Tobi's ferts are working, Fact! :thumbup:

you may have to way a few weeks though.
Of course. :)

It actually looks good with the tank being rather dim. Gives a special atmosphere to it.

JEK said:
It actually looks good with the tank being rather dim. Gives a special atmosphere to it.
you may have to way a few weeks though.
Of course. :)

It's a temporary measure, until the whole tank settles down. Once it has, I'll increase intensity, but only slightly.

This image, is with the lights lower down. It just brightens things up. A do not dare do it for the whole lighting period though.

You can also see the X ray tetras...just.

x-ray.jpg

I'm amazed at what the shrimp are doing to the moss :wideyed:

George Farmer said:
I reckon a good shrimp stock are an almost essential component to succeed with moss.

so true mate, so true!

I've taken a couple of pics with a single flash unit.

1 week ago, I simply wouldn't of shown you a close up of the moss. :oops: but with regular maintenance, it pays dividends with the over all health and appearance of a tank.

I mentioned earlier that I've added some X Ray tetras. nice little fish. I'll slowly add more varieties of fish as time goes on....could do with some help here George ;)

xray2.jpg

I do have a question for the moss pros out there....when do you start to trim it?... now? :thumbup:

xray1.jpg

Ok, thats me and pics for one weekend :D i'll update in a couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone.

I would give it a light trim now personally, but I'm no moss pro! I tend to take it back quite short at the beginning as long as it's attaching well, then let it get longer at each trim until it's where you want it. Then for a final shot, let it grow out so it looks natural but neat (not manicured!)

Cheers Tom. I'll give it a go. I'll flick through my aquajournals to see how Amano gets his final look with moss.

Antoni, cheers matey. Yeah, the images are much sharper. these were shot @ f4 so I've still got DOF. f11 and upwards, would really make these pin sharp.

Click on the images for a larger view :thumbup:

Looking great Mark, the plants and moss are coming along really nice now that they're getting established. Loving everything abut this tank, great layout and liking the refreshing fish choice!

As for the Moss Mr Graeme Edwards told me to trim moss hard back, this keeps the moss closet the wood nice and fresh and the new growth very tight and compact. It worked for me! I end up trimming my Moss once every 2 weeks.....

Keep up the stunning work! :thumbup:

Back