• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium "quemador lenta"

George Farmer said:
Selective colour in PS. Use it carefully though, otherwise you end up with mental greens like Mark!

i did use it liberally believe it or not :lol:

when i use flash, there's no need to use it. when your trying to combat different colour temps from tubes, it's a great tool.

here's the unedited image. straight from camera.

no-edit.jpg

here's edited. There's only a slight difference. I'm using the downloaded kodachrome2 preset on the 5d which might make a difference?

snap.jpg

OK, you got me analysing the 'scape now, Mark. Not just the photos... ;)

I realise this is a 'throw it together and see what happens', but... what do you think of the centre piece of wood, at the bottom? Does it looking dominating to you?

Maybe the moss will creep along to soften it. That would work well, I think.

George Farmer said:
Maybe the moss will creep along to soften it. That would work well, I think.

That's the idea mate. My previous experience with moss is, i will creep everywhere. So that are, as mentioned earlier, will soften.

Going back to the 'colour' thing.

here's an image, showing what settings i use when in RAW editing. Everything in DPP is off camera. Colour temp set to 5400k etc etc...

just prove that it is 'real'

this was from the final tank shots from prairie lands. I didn't use this shot, so it doesn't count as 'unreleased works' nonsense :D

colour.jpg

here you go George, pick the bones out of this... :lol:

Is the colour temp right? :crazy:

hue.jpg

or should it be like this...

hc-slope.jpg

George Farmer said:
Point taken.

It's actually a great topic. I've often thought about starting a debate on the subject of colour tone, colour temps. I think it's so often over looked. I'm still in the dark with it myself.

Mark Evans said:
That could actually look really cool in a scape, to give the feeling of autumn. Not so extreme as this of course.
Maybe it could even be possible to make only a part of the scape yellow through using some yellow spotlights or similar?
It could for example make a stemmed plant layout look like an autumn forest:
17.jpg

Tank is looking awesome Mark, that carpet of mosses is going to look stunning :) looking forward to its development, but being mosses you won't be able to tear it down for at least 3-4 months, which is good!! hehe

cheers paulo. :thumbup: youve sent the benchmark for moss, and i often look at your tank to see how it should look.

The moss, around the base, is to see whether i can maintain it without too much hassle. If it works, I'll transfer the whole idea to the 4 footer.

4 months sounds good, so mid-summer, I'll be setting up the big tank...i may even get a bigger tank, maybe 120x 50 x 60 or something like that.

Jek! That idea sounds realistic i think. red stems, mixed with the autumnal colours you suggest could be cool. :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Jek! That idea sounds realistic i think. red stems, mixed with the autumnal colours you suggest could be cool. :thumbup:
Exactly, the red would give the finishing touch.

A 120x50x60 and you only get a small portion of moss, a small anubias "petité" and a small javafern to plant it with. Then you'll have plenty of time to think of you next scape. :lol:

Mark Evans said:

you might want to get a bit more iron in your dosing there mate ;) :D

I've noticed today, that the C Helferi is finding it's feet/ roots. Their not acicularis roots, because acicularis simply doesn't root like this.

passed experience told me that it's a slow grower, which in this set up is true aslo. Thankfully, you can see the roots getting right down to the bottom. Hopefully, in time it should start to flourish.

I'm finding that 50% W/C's everyday, is keeping my nemesis (diatoms) at bay!

In the next few days, i'm trimming my ludwigia (ooerr :shifty: )if anyone wants half a dozen cuttings let me know. There's enough for one.

roots.jpg

Re: 60cm C helferi rooting pic "quemador lenta"

Well up Mark, You take something that I thought was perfect ,then slapped it out of the park and it gets even better :lol: Though must be honest and say I much prefer the green tank :lol: Take care

Back