• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm Shallow Wabi-Kusa

Very nice - I really think emersed tanks are the future - alot less maintenance with fully accessible c02 for the plants and a lot less equipment needed! Also beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Marcel, Thank you :) The Wife does not like the sound of running water :( So had to go with a small internal filter. It was part of the bargain when she let me have another tank in the front room :D

Some times we have to make consesions even more when it consernes the misses. ;) But just for the record.. :D I'm running one of these.. The smallest in trade.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Fi...695dbfc&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=201561807853
on my 40x25x25 plant bin tank, it hangs deep enough to fill the tank 2,5 cm bellow the top edge and the overflow toughes the water surface. I do not hear any splashing nor running water sounds, not even in front of the tank. It already runs a year, without trouble. So if you ever want to try to convince your sweetheart, $7.50 might be worth a shot. Can't loose much.. :)

I wanna try 2 of these on my next project and grow some plants in them.

Anyway, tank looks awsome, enough to see to distract your eye away from the internal. :)

Last edited:
Hi Troi Thank You :):thumbup: Just a willow growing by a river. I cut off the longer hanging branches.
It sends out roots really quick from the submerged bit. Then new leaves.

If it looks like what I have in my minds eye it will look quite cool ;)

Last edited:
OK...it's pretty vigorous stuff.
When I was a kid my dad once used what he thought were dead willow poles for his runner beans.
They quickly took root, grew leaves, and if he'd left them would have overtaken his allotment:eek:

P.S. I think John Wyndham had willow in mind when he wrote The Day of the Triffids.

Oh this makes me want to try emersed growth! I wonder if I could do something outside as have plenty of tanks but at my limit inside new house :-/ . The big tank would look awesome with emersed growth but evaporation would be terrible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh this makes me want to try emersed growth! I wonder if I could do something outside as have plenty of tanks but at my limit inside new house :-/ . The big tank would look awesome with emersed growth but evaporation would be terrible.

Hi Idcgroomer, Great idea give it a go :D

That's a relief, The lawnmower man was a dreadful film.

Back