60cm tank lighting

BenR24

Hi,

Looking at setting up a tank 60cm long, on my 300 ltr I've got a fluval 3.0 yet been looking at alternative brands for this tank. I'm wanting to get CO2 running on this tank but looking at a Twinstar LED Aquarium Light 600E as a premium but i'd rather something cheaper like an Asta F120, does anyone know if that would cover a 60cm by 30?

thanks for help! any good alternatives welcome, i looked first at the nicrew stuff but they seem a bit cheap

BenR24

Anyone have any experience with the Twinstar 600CA cant find much about it?

Siege

600 C, isn’t very nice. It is really really pink!

E or S series are far nicer and E isn’t that more money than the E.

Hope that helps.

Jayefc1

S isnt that much more than E I think he meant but it is a lot more powerful have both
And would go.for the S every time

Siege

Sorry I meant the E isn’t much more than the C.

The C is billed as their budget range. It is made very well made (same as E) but the actual light is horrible.

I wouldn’t even consider it. Instead the E light is really nice, S even better if you want to push the budget. If you have the E you’ll always wish you went for the S but all about budget when it comes to lighting!

To get the full impact out of either light you’ll need co2 though. They are designed to run with it.

Siege

Ps. A lot will also depend on depth, at 45cm+ you’ll need to S really. On a 60-p the E will be fine. S even better if if you can warrant the additional cost.

Both another league from Fluval :thumbup:

BenR24

My tank will be 60 long and only 30 deep so I reckon an E will suffice. I definitely intend on using on using co2 but I've not set on what setup to go for leaning towards co2art cheaper full kit, if thats good value for money? ( I know this is a lighting thread sorry) Was looking at the WRGB though as a comparison to the 600e but I'm always a fan of the real deal stuff. and not the faff of getting one sent over.

Yeah i brought the fluval for my other tank without thinking too much into it but my tank is 72 high so its fairly deep.