• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80x35x45 back to the begining stages!

80x35x45 Opti White - Tank arrived.. glassware issues..

Quetzalcoatl said:
quite sad that I am getting excited over a piece of glass
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe me mate, your not alone! Look foward to seeing the close up`s. :thumbup:

Ha ha I reckon mike was sat staring at it all evening lol. I was with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 80x35x45 Opti White - Tank arrived.. glassware issues..

Alastair said:
Quetzalcoatl said:
Believe me mate, your not alone! Look foward to seeing the close up`s. :thumbup:

So where are YOUR pics then Al ? I am dying to see this ultra low tank :)

Alastair said:
Well if mike ok's it I'll upload a sneak preview

Mike says "Sure Al, thats fine by me :thumbup: " :) :lol:

It`s been a long wait for you both. I can understand! Bet you`ve had a play with hardscape in there already. :lol:
You started your journal yet? I took the plunge and started my cabinet! :clap:
P.s. Did you both save on delivery ordering together. I`ve got a mate who keeps marine. He`s after a custom also. Happy days.

Quetzalcoatl said:

It`s been a long wait for you both. I can understand! Bet you`ve had a play with hardscape in there already. :lol:
You started your journal yet? I took the plunge and started my cabinet! :clap:
P.s. Did you both save on delivery ordering together. I`ve got a mate who keeps marine. He`s after a custom also. Happy days.

Yes mate, we saved on delivery. Was just 50 to bring both tanks to mine which I thought was reasonable and jez was a great guy. Sat n had a brew n a chat before he left. I've had a quick play with hardscape on my table ha

Alastair said:
Well if mike ok's it I'll upload a sneak preview

Yeh go ahead bud.

Antipofish said:
Alastair said:
Quetzalcoatl said:

So where are YOUR pics then Al ? I am dying to see this ultra low tank :)

Mikes ok with it so just a quick one

02dc27e4-a13a-70ad.jpg

Thats not a tank, its a footbath ! Its gonna be AMAZING :)

Great sized tank, can defo see the difference in tank coloration from float glass to opti white.

Westyggx said:
Great sized tank, can defo see the difference in tank coloration from float glass to opti white.

Easily mate. Could tell that going from my back room to the front room where yours was.

wow. Like those dimensions. Shallow but with real front to back depth. And i thought mine was shallow!

Just received my new gush drop checker :)

b022fb65-2768-ee51.jpg

4d497ab6-2775-3ab6.jpg

Also ordered 10kg of dragon stone for a handy price!

easerthegeezer said:
Hey mate, drop checker is sweet, I have one and love the look but be aware that it is slow to react, about 3
hours opposed to my traditional one takes 1- 1.5
Looking good though bud.

thanks for the info Iain, i would have been upping my Co2 if you would not have told me haha.

Westyggx said:
easerthegeezer said:
Hey mate, drop checker is sweet, I have one and love the look but be aware that it is slow to react, about 3
hours opposed to my traditional one takes 1- 1.5
Looking good though bud.

thanks for the info Iain, i would have been upping my Co2 if you would not have told me haha.

Hi guys. Can you explain this notion of reaction time ? Why does one DC take longer to register than another ? Doesn't that make the whole notion of measuring somewhat haphazard ? It seems nothing is measurable with CO2 :twisted: Bubble counters differ, DC's differ, cant the industry get some kind of STANDARD ? (rant over :rolleyes: )

Those DCs do look good. I considered one of them but I'll hold off til I need another.

As for reaction times it really doesn't matter how one compare to another. Surely as long as you know how any given piece of gear works in conjunction with the rest of your gear that is all that matters?

Or maybe I'm missing something. It would certainly make advising (or asking for advice) easier on forums if we all had the same gear giving standard readings. Now the more I think of it the more I agree Chris. I'm joining your rant!

Wouldnt life be boring if there was a standard for everything, we simply wouldnt get the variety of products that we all love to spank our cash on :)

As far as reaction time, the dc solution changes with exposure to higher co2 levels in the air around the solution, with DC's like this one with such a small hole it takes longer for that air to become saturated with co2, opposed to a traditional conical shape that has maybe an inch square.

Back