• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80x35x45 back to the begining stages!

Re: 80x35x45 Opti White - Tank arrived.. glassware issues..

easerthegeezer said:
Hey mate, drop checker is sweet, I have one and love the look but be aware that it is slow to react, about 3
hours opposed to my traditional one takes 1- 1.5
Looking good though bud.

Hi Iain,

Not really measured the time yet may do tomorrow but what i have noticed is that my drop checker is still green in the morning, as apposed to my old DC which was blue again by the morning..

May be the drop checker or may be the soloution i've used so not too sure yet.

Cheers

Westyggx said:
easerthegeezer said:
Hey mate, drop checker is sweet, I have one and love the look but be aware that it is slow to react, about 3
Looking good though bud.

Hi Iain,

Not really measured the time yet may do tomorrow but what i have noticed is that my drop checker is still green in the morning, as apposed to my old DC which was blue again by the morning..

Cheers

Ive never had a blue DC in the morning, its just easier to get co2 back up to saturation the next day. :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
Westyggx said:
easerthegeezer said:
Looking good though bud.

Hi Iain,

Cheers

Ive never had a blue DC in the morning, its just easier to get co2 back up to saturation the next day. :thumbup:

Iain, what do you mean you have never had blue DC in the morning ? Do you run CO2 24/7 ?

Re: 80x35x45 Opti White - Planted up..

No it just doesnt off gas enough to go blue, only ever dark green.

Mike, i like the set up though mate :thumbup: Is it just glosso and stauro?? Ill be interested to see how the glosso goes planted like that, i havent seen it planted like HC in that way before but makes sense.

Aqua sobriquet said:
What sort of background are you planning to get?

Not sure on the name of it mate but that clear fuzzy one that you can get from the green machine, looks like tracing paper.

Alastair said:
Looking sweet bud, I can see how that's going to look when it grows in :0). Need to come over for a peep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ta mate.

Westyggx said:
Not sure on the name of it mate but that clear fuzzy one that you can get from the green machine, looks like tracing paper.

In that case give me a pm, I may be able to help ;)

Looking good. I went for the frosted TGM background as well. Looks great but my tank was just a little too close to a stripy wall, so I've just moved to black. I may have to redecorate the room though, as the frosted looked ace!

Love your stone btw. Nice layout.

80x35x45 Opti White - Planted up..

pariahrob said:
Looking good. I went for the frosted TGM background as well. Looks great but my tank was just a little too close to a stripy wall, so I've just moved to black. I may have to redecorate the room though, as the frosted looked ace!

Thanks rob that's the name i was thinking off. Thanks I wanted to mimic a meteor blast or something :)

Westyggx said:
pariahrob said:

Thanks rob that's the name i was thinking off. Thanks I wanted to mimic a meteor blast or something :)

You have achieved that for sure Mike. I think the stone placement is spot on :thumbup:

80x35x45 Opti White - Planted up..

Couple of updated images from about a week ago.

4d497ab6-c561-2fc8.jpg

4d497ab6-c575-3d8d.jpg

4d497ab6-c58a-eaae.jpg

4d497ab6-c594-6869.jpg

I have 50 red cherries arriving today, swapped them for my AM co2 reactor :)

Not updated in a while, but i have swapped out the glosso for Sp mini hair grass.

Came back from holiday today to find my tank in a mass of algae, S Repens just hanging in there.. what is it with mothers and strict instructions that they cant follow! lol!

Plants now added.

2012-06-17%2019.07.06.jpg

2012-06-17%2019.07.48.jpg

My shrimp are starting to colour up nicley now.

2012-06-16%2020.25.18.jpg

2012-06-16%2020.23.36.jpg

Working now, cheers.

Excuse the algae fied rocks, thats my next job with a toothbrush! as you can see from previous images above my S Repens was completly wiped out by my mother!

Alastair said:
Looking good mate. Will look smart when the grass fills in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks pal, just want it all to grow in now been waiting a while. Big difference in growth rates from the Halide to the T5's lol but im happy im not getting stupid amounts of algae.

Also, my nerite snail has died, plus all the ramshorns Darrel gave me.. i only have one left now and its the same one i have had for months. No idea why they keep dying..

Back