• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm Low Tech Wood, Cobbles & Emersed (Probably)

Here is a full tank shot. It's slow growing but I can see new leaves on most plants. I wish the lily would stick some leaves up and the bright green crypt on the far right is growing new leaves but they are only an inch tall. I'm contemplating something tall for the back behind the right rock pile - maybe a sword - at the moment you can see the back glass through the anubias stems (the leaves are escaping out the water) and I'd like it solid green.

IMG_7940c.JPG

Looking deep and mysterious, love the embers. Any pictures of the emergant growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is it this evening:
IMG_8376c.jpg

Can't get the pond lilly to grow floating pads - I'm guessing not enough light as I keep it low for algae. I've added in a red lotus instead. The Potamogeton gayi that Marcel sent me melted right back to teeny shoots after it's long trip, but has suddenly taken off so I'm letting it do it's thing at the front and then I will move it to the back.
IMG_8382b.JPG

Livestock are doing well, habrosus corys are getting so fat! I'm thinking of trying out a couple of horned netrites to see if they'll take a bit of the algae off the rocks the otos don't seem to touch. I don't mind a little patina but some I need to take a tooth brush too. I'm thinking of adding another dozen embers to make the shoal bigger (only 7 at the moment).
IMG_8386b.JPG

Only thing that really bugs me is I'm still plagued by string algae. It grows worst in the floating pennywort... which if I crop back lets more light to the bottom and it swaps to growing there instead. Lights are only on 20% and ramp up/down to that.
IMG_8395b.JPG

My habrosus corys spent about 4 hours spawning today! Changed around 40L with slightly cooler water yesterday evening and they were spawning just before lights on this morning. Interesting to watch the female carefully selecting the spot for each egg. I had albino bronze corys spawn years ago and I remember them putting pretty much all the eggs in one or two patches on the glass. The habrosus females where spreading the eggs all over, never two in the same place, mainly under leaves. I managed to find about twenty that I've moved into a HOB breeding box and I'm sure there are a lot more in the tank.

Back