A Little Slice Of Nature

Deano3

I would go for as many as you can afford, up to 20. I added 10 to my 600.
Also you are now on EI ferts, I’d be dosing 30-40ml per day, I’m sure it’s 10ml per 50l tank water?
plants are looking good to be honest. I think you are on the right path and need to persist and be patient. Keep up with the good practice, make sure co2 is good and I’m sure the plants will reward you :)
Iv made a AIO mix and been told 5ml per 50l on this mix mate. Thanks mate for kind words and i will keep up the maintenance etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Deano3

1 month update.

Tank doing well the pinitifida growing very well so chopped some off and moved to along the wood. Also the limnophila hippuridoides growing well just not as much or fast growth as i thought so going to up my ferts.

The blyxa looks well along with the alternanthera reinckii stopped melting and starting to looks ok now so happy about that some stems need another trim after a week

Going to purchase a dozen amanos this week coming up you think thats enough for one time then wait until add some cherries and otos ?

Also sand looks a mess as want larger grains so less powdery but tank looking good still some diatoms but hopefully clears up and lasty dosed some snail killer today as getting to be a lot. Lights still at 60 percent may up what you think ?

Deano3

Off to biy some amanos tomorro thinking of getting 10 as already got 4 in there now, also cant make mind up about a couple of snails or just stick with shrimp for now but not getting snails yet as still trying to get rid of pest ones.

You think i should buy any ottos tomorro or just stick with shrimp for now just dont want to add to much bioload at once or you think will be ok.?

Cant wait to get some very red shrimp in there i have a couple of cherries but worried end up with low grade ones so going to start a fresh with good grades in there bit i dont know whats classed as good grades.

Any help will be great

Dean

Wookii

Off to biy some amanos tomorro thinking of getting 10 as already got 4 in there now, also cant make mind up about a couple of snails or just stick with shrimp for now but not getting snails yet as still trying to get rid of pest ones.

You think i should buy any ottos tomorro or just stick with shrimp for now just dont want to add to much bioload at once or you think will be ok.?

Cant wait to get some very red shrimp in there i have a couple of cherries but worried end up with low grade ones so going to start a fresh with good grades in there bit i dont know whats classed as good grades.

Any help will be great

Dean

As long as your tanks is cycled, I don’t think adding more Amanos and some Otos will be a significant bioload. The Otos will certainly clear up any diatoms in short order, and your bigger issue will be making sure they have sufficient food available, which means a chunk of blanched cucumber every few days and half an algae wafer in between (I recommend a glass dish a low flow area for the latter, as they are messy).

As for red cherries, I can thoroughly recommend Bloody Mary’s - expensive, but worth it for the colouration.

Horned nerites are also very effective at tank cleaning. I also wouldn’t worry too much about the ‘pest’ snails. As long as they are not plant eaters, they will also help to deal with algae, CO2 injection (and the resulting shell attrition), along with lack of food availability (due to having other more efficient algae eaters) will control their numbers.

SRP3006

Personally I'd add more shrimp and wait on the otos until there is significant algae or food for them to eat. They can be quite fragile in my experience. I'd probably try to get cherry's in first if it was me, but Amanos are still good.

Deano3

Thanks for replys guys , there is algae in the tank on the wood and glass and certain plants so.maybe 5 ottos or so and another 6 amanos so i have 10 in there will do.

Also looked at the bloody marys and agree there colouration is stunning i am only worroed about loosing to my skimmers and inlet as dont want to add a guard to it. Do you have any problems with the inlets ?

Thanks again