• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Stunning.
The moss is looking superb.

What was the finger dipping for? :)

Cheerio,
Ady

Stunning.
The moss is looking superb.

What was the finger dipping for? :)

Cheerio,
Ady
Nice very nice mate, hc has really spread well, were you tasting your tank water cause it looks like gin and tonic ? :)

Cheers lads! Yeah you have to taste the water the get a feel of the water. It's like being a chef...

If you see at the end when I switch the filter back on, I'd left the heater on and it produced that funny looking clouding when you add hot water to cold water. I was making sure it wasn't boiling! Lol

i'm so envious, stunning tank!
Thank you very much for the compliment Arhino!

Great video mate. What software do you use? I'm getting excited about videoing my work soon, and this is hugely inspiring.

The scape is developing beautifully. It should represent the UK very well in the IAPLC. :)

Great work mate. Kudos.

Thanks again George, hopefully it do ok in the iaplc, you never know in that comp though, regarding the software it's only windows live movie maker. And then tweaked a little in youtube. Nothing really special. I bet you can't wait to get the new camera!

Great video mate looks amazing. Forgive me if I've missed it but are you adding any fish?

Thanks al! Yes mate, there is some pentazona barbs, a couple of ottos, shrimp and the gobys. Might get a couple more female gobys yet.

Hi Ian,
George Farmer guided me to you a couple of days ago and i have now reached the eight page of your adventure :)
Very, very nice work!!
I'm also going to start a project in a signature 60x45x30 and i'm searching for the best lighting solution. I'm going to try a very simple stone scape with a lot of glosso and mostly dificult plants. Do you think it's a good choice for me?
Thanks
Christian

Hi Ian,
George Farmer guided me to you a couple of days ago and i have now reached the eight page of your adventure :)
Very, very nice work!!
I'm also going to start a project in a signature 60x45x30 and i'm searching for the best lighting solution. I'm going to try a very simple stone scape with a lot of glosso and mostly dificult plants. Do you think it's a good choice for me?
Thanks
Christian

Hey Christian, thank you for the comment. Just remember its not all about the lighting, you need to nail the c02 and distribution well to ensure there isn't an algae outbreak. I'm running this light at 100% of its power now and it's doing well at present (however, in the back of my mind I'm a bit scared). If you are using this unit with this bracket I would strongly suggest running pressurised c02. But one unit is plenty for healthy plant growth.

Lovely work mate subbed you on youtube!

Makes me want to go out and buy a decent camera and do some filming! Best start saving ... :)

Thank you Dave! It's good to see an aquarium working IMO, it gives it another dimension.

Ps, I used to love your radio show.

Thanks Ian,
I'm going to use CO2 and the soil i bought for it is arround 13 Liters of Amazonia powder with 2 more of power sand.
I don't understand what you mean with being scared; is it to much light? (I had no intention of buying the controller, so it will run always at 100% but if i have to buy it i will) And why do you recommend me the use of co2 wit this light in particular? Because it's strong or weak?
Nice weekend :)
Cheers

Thanks Ian,
I'm going to use CO2 and the soil i bought for it is arround 13 Liters of Amazonia powder with 2 more of power sand.
I don't understand what you mean with being scared; is it to much light? (I had no intention of buying the controller, so it will run always at 100% but if i have to buy it i will) And why do you recommend me the use of co2 wit this light in particular? Because it's strong or weak?
Nice weekend :)
Cheers

It's quite high light really, as the tank is shallow (30cm deep). With the brackets the light is about 12cm from the top of the water level. I can tell the light is quite high without a par meter as the HC pearls like mad after about 4 hours of the light being at 100%. You won't 'need' a controller with it, but you will need to crack the c02 and distribution straight away. Also keep up with the water changes for the first couple of weeks.

Just into a month of this tank now.

Here's a fts after a couple of days
8436590966_3242700df7_c.jpg
fts NA by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

And here's a pic from this evening
8519874486_c102066f1f_c.jpg
4 weeks full tank. by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Things are coming on well at present...I'm still feeling like I'm being pretty lucky with this scape. With the light being quite high, as per conversation above.

Ps, must get a glass intake!

It's quite high light really, as the tank is shallow (30cm deep). With the brackets the light is about 12cm from the top of the water level. I can tell the light is quite high without a par meter as the HC pearls like mad after about 4 hours of the light being at 100%. You won't 'need' a controller with it, but you will need to crack the c02 and distribution straight away. Also keep up with the water changes for the first couple of weeks.

I have read in a lot of places, 50% daily change of water in the first days!!!!! This will be my first demanding planted but i had 600lt of reef and all i ever did was 5 to 10% every two weeks! How much did you do in yours? And, sorry but as you probaly noticed english is not my mother language, what do you mean by crack co2?

Back