• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A very English Spring...The end (tank sold)

Re: A very English Spring...happy with the wood!

purple haze!

Tell me about it! It's very nice, but not very red yet! lol

I wonder if it's the ada eca that I'm dosing?

I don't know mate, i have been dosing Easylife Ferro 3 times a week. The ECA is a lot stonger though. Who know's.

Looking Stunning, the Hair Grass looks great

Thanks Gill, the hairgrass is coming on now, it did go through, it's 'lets go a bit black' stange. It seems to have come through the other side.

Had a bit of a nightmare...over the last couple of weeks i have been gradually swapping my water over to RO water. 1, because my water is rock hard and i want to have a go at keeping some soft water fish and 2 i was just curious whether i would get any different plant behaviour and my water really is full of rubbish. At the weekend i was doing a water change, and i managed to drop a bucket of water 'in' the tank whilst it was half full. It knocked the hardscape all over, and i have really struggled to get it back to how it was. The plants are all intact and in the same place though lol! There has also been a massive melt from the crypt mi oya, and because there is a fair few crypts in the tank, i have been trimming daily, to try and stop and small ammonia spikes. Its been hard work over the last few weeks, i'm glad i have been off work!

The crypts seem to be coming back after the melt...

reverse1.jpg

and a full tank shot, about ready for a trim!

reverse2.jpg

Hard work seems to be paying off!

Very nice so far, I love it :)

Thank you Sentral, it was a bit of a pain having to sort it out again. Looking forward to getting some soft water fish in the next few weeks.

I have been researching Chocolate Gouramis, Mark and they need a GH of around 3, i don't think i'm going to bother with them. I am swapping over to RO, and remineralising it and my GH is 10 now, it has dropped from 24 to 10 in three weeks of 25% water changes every two days. I'm now going to cut it down to 2x week. I have been out today and bought a pair of gold rams.

gold1.jpg

and the female eyeing up the Amano.

gold2.jpg

just a couple of the Crypts, that seem to be adapting well to the RO swap over. I have kept crypts for a while, but never had any that look as vibrant as these at the moment.

crypt3.jpg

crypt4.jpg

tested my GH earlier and i'm now at a GH of 8. That's from a GH of 25. The water also has much more clarity.

Very healthy plants and nice pics. Well done!

cheers,

GM

thanks GM!

Sunday night TV is awful (xfactor), though 'Britain's most dangerous roads' is quite funny. so i got the camera out. Sorry! lol

female gold ram

hydro2.jpg

male gold ram

hydro3.jpg

check the pink belly again. They have already spawned, but an assassin snail ate the eggs. Cheers Assassin snail!

The moss finally starts to get going. It seems to take an age to start in my tanks for some reason.
hydro4.jpg

The Hydro 'Japan' pearling
hydro1.jpg

and a slightly out of focus FTS lol!
hydro5.jpg

Looks awesome mate, you should be proud of that. I like that it it looks like a standard tank from the front shot but you can see it has depth where its actually a corner. So that hydro is Amanos'?

cheers Neil!

Yeah the Hydro is from Mark, it's the one that originated (a long time ago) from Amanos tank. Its due for a trim soon, so if you want any, give me a shout.

That sounds incredible mate I may have to take you up on that. So its a cutting of a cutting of a cutting, cousins twice removed kind of thing? I'll see how my standard stuff grows first and let you know before murdering a plant that cool.

I'll be sending you a PM soon Neil...

the close of the corner tank...it has now been sold. The last shot from tonight.

theclose1.jpg

quite sad really as this tank has taught me so much.

Anyways onwards and upwards, i'm looking to get an 80x35x45 optiwhite, 'normal' shaped tank!

Back