• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

I think a deeper tank will help. I'm not all that keen on this 60 f I think not should have a larger surface area if its as short as it is

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

still compiling my list of what is required :greedy: still a hell of a lot cheaper than getting 90cm setup and like the dimensions of the 60p,few questions still

1.would you advise buying new bulbs as most likely 2-3yr old or does it not matter as long as on ? and when planted how high above tank you recommend starting at (2x24w High Output)

2.does seachem prime go off as mine smells eggy lol

3.going to purchase one of these lily's to match my other should create good flow hopefully gUSH oPipe Mini Outlet Lily Pipe 13mm I have noticed lots of people put right side by side and not one at front and one at back obviously so flow goes right back to when started that sound correct ?

4.what does everyone think I should start with inline atomiser or in-tank diffuser and when planted I will start with high BPS

5,want a lighter background what clour do most people use is it white or a cloudy colour and whats it called on ebay again ?

going to start new brand new journal when decided what need ordered and play about with hardscape until find exactly what I want also founf this and it looks excellent and 2m long so ordering one of them mine is rubbish frem ebay and need to take off both ends of pipe as very short :rolleyes:

Borneowild Clean Kit-Pipe Brush - gUSH Lily Pipes - Aquarium Glassware - Tools & Glassware

thanks again for all your opinions and help
Dean

you mean the brush looks awesome doesn't it

Mine is terrible too mate, its supposed to be flexible but I can't get it to go round bends in glasswear

lol exactly same as mine have to hold with finger tips as so short thin and flimsy so defiantly ordering one of them beasts look very strong and good brushes :D anyway any help with questions from anyone would be great

I think you answered the flow question perfectly. Bulbs are probably not running like new, if you have the funds I would grab some new ones maybe try a couple different ones so as not to over do it. I was running one HO 6500k and one red bulb on my 2 x t5 light and got great results and it gave the red plants a real nice colour. Never used inline device (have one in my cabinet but never got round to installing) and finally have a look at some glass frosting vinyl oh and no idea about the prime :)

3.going to purchase one of these lily's to match my other should create good flow hopefully gUSH oPipe Mini Outlet Lily Pipe 13mm I have noticed lots of people put right side by side and not one at front and one at back obviously so flow goes right back to when started that sound correct ?

I must of missed where you said but are you running two filters? When I used to I had them on opposite corners (leftside back, rightside front) which seemed to create a nice circular flow.

.what does everyone think I should start with inline atomiser or in-tank diffuser and when planted I will start with high BPS

I've been using an in line atomizer (this one I think), I just swapped it over this week so it's before the filter rather than after. I haven't noticed any problems in my filter yet but my tank looks much better as it isn't full of bubbles, it's too soon to say if it's any good for my plants yet though, I haven't got my drop checker set up at the moment and I never test me water.

5,want a lighter background what clour do most people use is it white or a cloudy colour and whats it called on ebay again ?

I tried a few different backgrounds and couldn't decide whether I wanted a light or dark one so I didn't want to stick anything on my tank permanantly. Luckily we have all sorts of plastic and plastic parts where I work so I cut a bit of flexible black PVC to the size of my tank and can attach it with some little u-shaped plastic extrusions - it works a treat the only problem is I end up putting it on and taking it off several times a week. I haven't tried it with white but I was thinking of it, if it works ok I can get you a couple of pieces/colours and you can try it yourself, there's loads of the stuff lying about here!

you mean the brush looks awesome doesn't it

Looks like the JBL Cleany, got one recently and used it 1st time last week. SO much easier than threading gardening wire down the pipes then pulling a bit of rag through LOL :D

Cheers James and rob, just 1 eheim filter on this tank mate has 700lph turnover so should be ok, also last time I had my atomiser before free the filter filled with air bubbles an kept burping so will have to fit after filter of go with inline,and I think frosted looks good but want a lighter background this this any help will be great mate

Any other opinions on questions welcome and if I get new bulbs exactly what should I buy its a Hagen glo light unit requires 2x24w hight I output bulbs ?

Thanks Dean

As far as tubes go you should be able to put anything of the correct size in. Im currently have a 14w Sylvania 3400k tube and one 24w 10000k tube running in my 2 x 24w unit on this tank
tavedy8y.jpg

Please excuse the mess :rolleyes:

Hi Deano, you don't need to buy new bulbs if your old ones are still working IMO I'd get the tank up running and growing before replacing them. As for backgrounds you can use card from a stationery store to try a few different colours, permanent backgrounds are hard to remove once the tanks full, with your atomiser it may be worth having a spare so you can swap them I between cleans, I will have some blyxa japonica for you to try drop me a pm when your ready for it as Iain stated it loves co2.

Hi Deano, you don't need to buy new bulbs if your old ones are still working IMO I'd get the tank up running and growing before replacing them. As for backgrounds you can use card from a stationery store to try a few different colours, permanent backgrounds are hard to remove once the tanks full, with your atomiser it may be worth having a spare so you can swap them I between cleans, I will have some blyxa japonica for you to try drop me a pm when your ready for it as Iain stated it loves co2.

Brilliant tim thanks a lot, it never seizes to amaze me how generous and helpful the people of this forum really are :thumbup:

good idea about the card there is a hobby and craft store at the retail its huge so will get some different ones from there thanks for that and I think that might be good idea getting a spare atomiser to swap in-between cleans there is a new model so might go for one of them but ill wait for that I think, want to get tank etc ordered tonight I think

cheers dean

Reactions: tim
do we get any discount from green machine ?

Nope :( they don't sponsor the site anymore either

Id start with the tubes around a ft above the tank. As that's where I end up with our 2 x 24w over the 80x40x40 for 5 Hrs a day.

I think a deeper tank will help. I'm not all that keen on this 60 f I think not should have a larger surface area if its as short as it is

Wouldn't a deeper tank make the surface area even worse?

Hi everyone just letting you know will start new journal soon but letting you know what's happening I ordered a 60p last night and 9l Amazonia soil I looked for hours at Ada vs do!aqua and I think the side of do aqua draw my eye as greener not sure if seeing stunning tanks on here daily but I see a difference anyway this will be my only tank this year so thought would treat myself lol also need info on how to stop substrate sliding back as want a steep ridge on rear and what can I use to pack the bottom instead of wasting loads of substrate

Thanks Dean

Back