• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

Yeah so the bubbles go through the filter. I have always run an in tank diffuser directly into the inlet pipe for my filter. I have never used an inline device so can't help on the cleaning

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

If you have a syringe just push some bleach through a few times , flowed by some dechlorinator , blast with water ... Job done :)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

I use an inline, and have install both after filter on outlet pipe, but currently have installed before filter on intake pipe which I actually prefer as I fewer bubbles which made water look less clear. (but now i got an twinstar installed so getting a cloud of bubbles any way lol...)Either way I found using inline much better that glass diffuser. I also prefer the extra room in my tank. IMO with a shallow tank a inline would be better than than glass diffuse as would provide more time for co2 to dissolve.

thanks steveo and going to do that today mate, also thanks sam do I push bleach into were the co2 enters the atomiser and not were water flows through and then push trough couple times and then use pure seachem prime and pump that through couple times and that should clean it pretty well ?

thanks dean

Sound fine dude , I do exactly that (through the co2 entry), I do this every 3-4 weeks to keep it clear as poss , or when the co2 mist starts to increase its bubble size.
Take a few mins , I also hold my hand over one side of the atomiser , pour some salt In, fill it with a little water and give that a shake , that seems to clean down through wear the water runs through , as this gets dirty just like your filter hoses :)
Cheers

Sound fine dude , I do exactly that (through the co2 entry), I do this every 3-4 weeks to keep it clear as poss , or when the co2 mist starts to increase its bubble size.
Take a few mins , I also hold my hand over one side of the atomiser , pour some salt In, fill it with a little water and give that a shake , that seems to clean down through wear the water runs through , as this gets dirty just like your filter hoses :)
Cheers

Cheers will do that later today very helpful yet again mate

Thanks Dean

Well today done maintenance and for the diffuser onto the inlet side , you can hear air in the filter sometimes and when ever you tip filter to side loads or large bubbles come out so think the co2 is building up will it be ok ? And filter be ok also it does look much better I give you that cannot hardly see any bubbles it's deceiving as keep thinking isn't working but yellow drop checker so must be working, fire extinguisher still not empty still on the 50 so still not sure why have to keep turning up the bps no leaks as checked hope the reg ok and not faulty or animating hope fe just getting empty

Here are some pics
yjabupyv.jpg

ypa8a3eb.jpg

Some melt occurring on few pics below
he9usu2y.jpg

mu6ytasy.jpg

sa7ymeje.jpg

y9e5e9u4.jpg

udapu5y8.jpg

Thanks Dean

I didn't want to say to much but, I am not a fan of filtering Co2.. it work for a few folk but many more have issues!
It depends on the flow through the filter & what is inside, this really effects the rate that the filter can dissolve the gas, sometimes it works sometimes is does not!
The main issue comes from high rates of injection, with low lighting & low rates od Co2 injection, this system normally works ok but, turn up the gas & you get burbs!

I would of thought your big filter would coupe OK, there might be some air in there too & it might clear?

Dean, please keep a check on your PH to see if you are getting a drop of over one point.

ok mate will get ph readings tomorrow, the burping is annoying but see if makes a difference, wonder why no growth it must be flow as getting algae and melt in certain places :mad: but will post my readings tomorrow mate

cheers dean

What's the substrate your using ? Looks kinda powdery and compact :/

What's the substrate your using ? Looks kinda powdery and compact :/

Yeah it is mate it's Ada powder Amazonia I think, very thin and muddy but that shouldn't stop or slow plant growth too much should it ? Plants can grow without substrate , unless the roots are suffocating and cannot get nutrients or anything

Dean

Thanks Dean

Ahh ok well I've never used the powder type so I wasn't sure what it looked like , must be fine if that's the norm :)

Yeah it is mate it's Ada powder Amazonia I think, very thin and muddy but that shouldn't stop or slow plant growth too much should it ? Plants can grow without substrate , unless the roots are suffocating and cannot get nutrients or anything

Dean

Thanks Dean

Think it's ADA Africana Dean. It's too light to be Amazonia :thumbup:

Plant healths Looking better all the Time.

The main issue comes from high rates of injection, with low lighting & low rates od Co2 injection, this system normally works ok but, turn up the gas & you get burbs!

Filter farts?

I have never used an inline diffuser, always through the filter outlet via a reactor. Occasionally I would hear Budgie noises ( yes as in the bird), but not usually.

I always got the impression people had more issues with inline diffusers, it kind of put me off, so I cant say much on that side.

Cheers nathaniel not sure myself though still something not right, starting to think might be flow but will see how the atomiser on inlet works, just want some proper growth and lush green plants

Thanks Dean

I find it hard to believe it is flow as this 10 x thing is relatively new & I grew plants for 20 years with very low flow.
Two main criteria are required ... light & Co2.... everything else we discus like substrate, ferts & water changes are second to light & Co2.
Fitting the atomiser in front of the filter wont increase the amount of Co2 in the water, in fact it wont be as effective as a mist! (might look better though)

Test you PH get a 1.4 drop before light & that will at least prove you have enough Co2 going in, then you only are left with light.

I guess the other option is, Dean is laughing his socks off at all of us & really he has a 6' tank brisling with plants :)

I find it hard to believe it is flow as this 10 x thing is relatively new & I grew plants for 20 years with very low flow.
Two main criteria are required ... light & Co2.... everything else we discus like substrate, ferts & water changes are second to light & Co2.
Fitting the atomiser in front of the filter wont increase the amount of Co2 in the water, in fact it wont be as effective as a mist! (might look better though)

Test you PH get a 1.4 drop before light & that will at least prove you have enough Co2 going in, then you only are left with light.

I guess the other option is, Dean is laughing his socks off at all of us & really he has a 6' tank brisling with plants :)
what is specifically good about a 1.4 drop?

Back