• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini L Reskape the Tree

Thanks Mark, hopefully my filter will come soon. I cant wait:) Walking in the park near my house today found some mosses which looks like christmas or very similar to it. Can I use moss from forest in submeresed setup?

May be Super Jets are made of some hi-tech titanium spaceship alloy... it is japs stuff afterall. Mine was made from £8 spaghetti canister from e-bay which should be food grade stainless steel.......unfortumately I saw the etches myself on the canister bottom. Who knows.......I will leave it in the X-files. Looking forward for my FLUVAL 205 ;) cant afford SUPER JET.:(

Just got the Fluval 205 and.............when I opened the package....:(...the canister was broken.....:mad:...thank you Royal Mail for the proper handling my parcel:mad: the filter itself is brand new everything in the original pack no matter I got it from e-bay with just £20 off the price. I will investigate and if was the RM fault may get some refund( I dont belive in that..) But still waiting more than a week and pay £10 pp and finally got broken item,:arghh: drives me crazy:mad: Udefinite delay of the FLOOD, sorry guys!

But still waiting more than a week and pay £10 pp and finally got broken item, drives me crazy Udefinite delay of the FLOOD, sorry guys!
Hard luck mate!! Might as well get some frogs after all!

May be Super Jets are made of some hi-tech titanium spaceship alloy... it is japs stuff afterall..
Actually it's from the future. Chunks fromt the starship Enterprise:lol:
Nice tank ma men. Keep it well.

Hi,
OMG why I bought FLUVAL!!! I just got my new canister from Hagen and was really poorly packed. I dod not expect that from the official Hagen shop for UK. The canister was in some scrap carton box when I opened was nothing to protect the canister but an old plastic bag. anyway the tank is flooded and running.:) hopefully will be ok. Do not buy FLUVALS......why?
1/ Good looking, but poorly designed
2/ The sealing ring around the head of the filter strech easily and do not mach the gap designed for it.
3/ Aquastop is cool feature but leaks if not lubricated the same as the sealing...made of cheap plastic(aquastop)
4/ Very noisy performance no dumping on the ceramic rod holding the impeller... very dodgy impeller cover
That is what I found for now If any one owns a FLUVAL 205/6 please reply. What else can I expect?
May be will go for another filter when save some money for it:(
The pics from the flood are very bubbly:)
SDC15064.JPG
SDC15062.JPG
SDC15061.JPG
SDC15059.JPG

Update on day 4. Just added Purigen and the water become crystal clear in 2 hours. 50% waterchanges and daily dosage of ferts. 4h photoperiod divided by 2h break each hour. No any sign of algae so far. 1bps CO2 I think is unnecesarry to blast it on that short photoperiod. The plants trowing runners like crazy. I will need scissors soon. Levels of amonia are still very high to add livestock.:(
SDC15073.JPG
SDC15076.JPG
SDC15077.JPG
SDC15078.JPG
SDC15079.JPG
SDC15080.JPG
SDC15086.JPG
SDC15072.JPG
SDC15087.JPG

I have the 106 and have none of the issues you have but then the 205 is the old model so I imagine the 206 is much improved. Mine doesn't leak and the new aqua stop is great. I did find there was a small amount of noise but now I sit the cannester on a pad of filter floss. I also took out the stupid foam holder on the one side and cut coarse foam to fill the entire area left next to the media holders. Works a treat and hasn't cut the flow. The pipes are hideous though and I've just changed the grey spray bar and black intake to a perspex one with clear suckers.

Hi, here is the current stsus of the tank. Just add 2 Otos and 5 Chilli Rasboras. Some minor trim of the HC and Hairgrass. Still did not clean the glass ware and the tank glass...just experiment of how algae will buildup and dissapear from the otos and the CO2:) Waterchanges every other day and daily ferts. Thanks for looking.:) BTW rasboras are very shy may be need to get 5-10 more or they are not just matured yet.
SDC15101.JPG
SDC15102.JPG
SDC15103.JPG
SDC15105.JPG
SDC15106.JPG
SDC15107.JPG
SDC15100.JPG

This's looking really nice, your gonna have your work cut out for you trimming that hydro Japan, it is a true weed when it gets going. I bet you're really pleased with the way this has turned out.

Are you entering it into the iaplc?

Thanks Ian, but I dont think my skape is competitive on IAPLC ....I still have to learn a lot... and I dont want to be dissapointed....on the other hand I need some professional criticism and opinion about the skape and plants. The people in the forum avoid to criticise may be because it may be too personal or something.....but belive or not we can learn only from the critisism! I will be happy to know about imperfections of my work.......Big thanks to the guys in UKAPS

IMO there's not a great deal to criticise other than keeping the hydro in check, do you don't loose that good looking hardscape. I for one think this would do quite well in the iaplc.

Hi,
I too think this is a great layout with a complimentary selection of plants. I wish I could grow them this well!
One thing I do feel it is missing is some height in planting to balance the upright wood. You have suggested before a contrasting coloured stem plant at the rear and I think this would finish the scape off perfectly :) Also like Ian said, keep the hydrocotle trimmed, maybe enough to expose the highest tip of the left underlying rock which will balance the hardscape better IMO :)
.....oh, and i think it's always worth entering the IAPLC, if you don't youll never have a personal benchmark to work from and try to improve on ;)
Cheerio,
Ady

Update on day 14 after the flood......added 12 boraras brigitae and 2 otos... I think I made a perfect fish choice for that tank......shrimps to be continued next week;)
SDC15129.JPG
SDC15127.JPG
SDC15126.JPG
SDC15125.JPG
SDC15123.JPG
some natural sunlight want harm:p
SDC15122.JPG
SDC15121.JPG
SDC15117.JPG
SDC15116.JPG
SDC15115.JPG
SDC15108.JPG

looks great, love the little boras they look good for the tank i agree and beautiful layout :clap:

keep the updates coming
Dean

Back