Airlock in Rena XP4?

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by Tom, 10 Nov 2008.

1. I think I must have an airlock in my XP4, as it is being very loud. Trouble is, if it is an airlock, I can't seem to get it out. I've tried shaking and tipping to filter to try and force it out the pipes, and pouring water into it using a funnel so it runs straight through the filter.

It's really annoying me now as it's in my bedroom and it's too loud at night. Any tips on quietening it down a bit/clearing the air from it?

Cheers,

Tom

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

i get the same probs with my xp 2. i fill mine through the filter inlet hole without taking klid off. do it outside and shake off the excess. connect leave for 2/3 minutes(acording to instruction) switch on. with lilly pipes you cant prime the damn thing. i think this is where the problem lies.

3. Thanks Mark.

I am using the Fluval pipes (hate the things!) as I only got the actual cannister bit of the Rena, so I can't prime it properly either.

4. bugs

bugs Member

Whenever my Eheim gets air trapped I switch it off, connect a syphon tube to the outlet in the tank, and suck it out. You waste a bit of water but it always works.