• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

Alastair said:
Tanks looking good mate, you thinking of upping the lighting at all or keeping it low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers alastair. definately keeping it low, only using 1 tube now. the plants dont need high light and i really like the low maintenance of low tech.

Sorry to hear about the gourami mate, hows he doing?
creg said:
definately keeping it low, only using 1 tube now. the plants dont need high light and i really like the low maintenance of low tech.
good idea, if the plants dont need it, keeping it low, certainly makes things easier. :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Re: All Pond Solutions 240L Tank (BBA Help please)

swapped the aps bulb for an arcadia one, looks very yellow not sure if i prefered the old look. added zebra loach and pearl gourami.

10-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

like an idiot i introduced bba into my tank via a crypt from my old 60l tank, anyone have any useful tips for getting rid? ive bought 3 siamese algae eaters and have increased water changes.

Is that christmas moss at the left side of the bank?
If so, I'm led to believe that SAE's are a fan of chomping on it. Though I wouldn't know from experience, just what I've read.
If they don't get it, spot dose Easycarbo maybe?
Kris

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Is that christmas moss at the left side of the bank?
If so, I'm led to believe that SAE's are a fan of chomping on it. Though I wouldn't know from experience, just what I've read.
If they don't get it, spot dose Easycarbo maybe?
Kris

yeah its xmas moss attached to driftwood from green machine, havent seen the sae`s go near it yet but ill keep an eye out.

ive tried dosing aqua carbon directly onto infected leaves and it dosnt seem to do anything

P9180023.jpg

I found easy carbo wasn't much good at spot dosing algae, excel is great but have also just found that aqua carbon from AE is just as good as excel and substantially cheaper! I also found SAE's only chomped on moss once fully grown.
Tank is looking good mate, lace/pearl gouramis are greedy buggers!!

I really love how this looks like a Tropical Island with a sea bed to the left. An inspiring scape mate :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
I found easy carbo wasn't much good at spot dosing algae, excel is great but have also just found that aqua carbon from AE is just as good as excel and substantially cheaper! I also found SAE's only chomped on moss once fully grown.

ive been emptying the tank as much as possible and using a paint brush to brush aqua carbon onto the exposed leaves, that seems to work the best but some plants are too short to do this. i think im feeding the saes too well on frozen and flake food so they are too full to eat anything else :)

Antipofish said:
I really love how this looks like a Tropical Island with a sea bed to the left. An inspiring scape mate :thumbup:

wow thanks alot, i was thinking of planting over the sand on the left though with some more foreground plants. cant decide, ive got a few ideas ive been going over in my head :)

didnt like the black background at first but its grew on me, once i get an external heater all the equipment will be invisible. got a £30 bolbitis coming from green machine (better be good :)) and in a couple weeks ill get some more eleocharis.

will do some better pics soon :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:

tell me about it, the male is well greedy and chases off my other 2 gouramis if they try and eat :lol: thought it was just mine

creg said:
easerthegeezer said:

ive been emptying the tank as much as possible and using a paint brush to brush aqua carbon onto the exposed leaves, that seems to work the best but some plants are too short to do this. i think im feeding the saes too well on frozen and flake food so they are too full to eat anything else :)

appologies, i didnt see you already said aqua carbon :shifty:
i use it daily and dose it with a pipette with filters off onto any BBA, within a day or two goes pink then the amanos go nuts for it. Looks like you have well 'ard BBA then.

Seems most gouramis are massively greedy! they grow nice and quick though :lol:

im gonna try turning the filters off, havent thought about that. its getting alot better recently tho.

If you plant a quadrant at the back left section of the "sea bed" that would look quite natural and retain the general feel. (just an idea ;))

im thinking Sagittaria platyphylla in the left corner then cover all the bare substrate with eleocharis parvula, any suggestions on how to improve my tank are very much welcomed :) ill post some better pics during the week to show more clearly what it looks like inside.

been thinking of doing something a little different too and have an anubias "carpet", loads of anubias covering the left hand side/sand.

defeated the bba :wave: (apart from a couple grass leaves)

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Congrats, so what was your solution in the end ? Whats the fish ? Very attractive :)

Antipofish said:
Congrats, so what was your solution in the end ? Whats the fish ? Very attractive :)

to be honest it just disappeared suddnly, i think it was a combination of lots of water changes and liquid carbon but i really dont know,

the fish is my fearless bolivian ram, the only fish that will pose for photos :) the rest get spooked by anything lol

Back